New guy saying hello! Looking for friends to motivate me.

Options
Hello everyone.

I wanted to put up a post to introduce myself and say hello to everyone here.

I'd actually looked at joining another calorie tracking website (you know, the one with the famous cyclist), but if felt very corporate and the forums seemed rather, well, unfriendly. Google managed to bring me here, and I was immediately struck by how friendly everyone seemed. :wink:

I'm a 34 year old, married man from the UK. I've always been big. Currently I'm hovering at around 310lbs which is just not good for me, my wife, and all the things that life throws at us. I've been along to Weight Watcher meetings and Slimming World classes to have a look, but felt that money was more important to them than the people, and as a bloke, I was generally the only one in the room.

So here I am, determined to do something about my weight and to make long term lifestyle changes. However, like most things in life, the journey is always better when shared. So I'm looking for friends to help motivate, inspire and encourage me, and I'll try to do the same with you :happy: .

It feels good being here.

Best wishes

Warren

Replies

• eaglemonster
    eaglemonster Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Good to see other uk'ers on here.
    I have found support here is excellent, as i must admit to dropping of the wagon now and again. Its surprising how motivating a quick message from MFP can be.
    Good Luck, Stick with it.
  • downtome
    downtome Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! You did the right thing by joining this site. Everyone is very friendly and you feel inspired to do well. Just keep coming back everyday and signing in and tracking your food and exercise, it really works if you work it! I have a long journey ahead so I will be here for awhile, it's not easy but it's easier with all the motivation and people whom I can talk to going through the same thing. Good luck and I will add you as a friend. Take care.
    Denise
  • kym117
    kym117 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I am also from the UK, you have made the right choice coming to MFP! It is a great site and provides no end of support for those bad days and a pat on the back on those good days! :wink:
  • chezkie
    chezkie Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hi Warren,

I'm also from the UK, and find that I lose motivation when trying to diet normally, however MFP is amazing! I love it! There's a huge network of people on here and a great culture of motivation and advice, so you won't regret joining - we're a nice bunch!!

Good luck with everything, you'll get there. Welcome to the journey!

Chez x
  • Pups22
    Pups22 Posts: 14
    Options
    Hey, it's fantastic to see other users in the UK! I'm rather new to the site, and lovin it thus far. Friendly people, and it really helps me to feel accountable for what I put into my body, since I have to log it in :) Good luck to everyone!!

Jess
  • BillyC96
    BillyC96 Posts: 7,560 Member
    Options
    I'm another UK resident, but I'm a colonial from Canada. There's lots of support here, and the community is friendly and helpful.
    Welcome to the gang of happy losers! :)
  • woody47
    Options
    Hi i live in tewkesbury and only joined 2 weeks ago 4lbs down 24 to go. the food tracker is graet its surprising how quick the calories add up:wink: :
  • julianpoutram
    julianpoutram Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Im also from the uk and a guy! I'm always good for motivation! Anyone can feel free to add me! Good luck with your weight loss! You can do it!
  • oneof9
    oneof9 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Hey welcome and I wish you the best. You are right about people here being very friendly. You can *kitten* me as a friend. Everyone needs help once in a while and a good kick in the butt to keep going. I know I do.
  • ScubyUK
    ScubyUK Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Nice to see another Brit Bloke here, welcome welcome.
  • Fliegenschwein
    Fliegenschwein Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Another Brit here , from Herts :bigsmile: . Good luck. Have added you.
  • Glos_Bloke
    Options
    Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome and friend requests! It's really appreciated! :smile: