Replies

• Gawanne
    Gawanne Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Have you considered investing in a brewery, just a thought. LOL
  • BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    If you gain weight don't sweat it, it's probably all muscle. And since muscle weighs more than fat you're good to go. The beer is carb heavy - it's rocket fuel for your work outs. [insert smiley here for the humor impaired]
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Still boggles my mind a little bit but... it's possible you'll be so full you won't be able to eat it all. Seriously, I can't physically eat more than 4000 calories in a day now.
  • deluxmary2000
    deluxmary2000 Posts: 981 Member
    Options
    I don't think he's trolling... so he drank a bunch of beer and then ate 20 cookies. This probably happens a lot more than people admit.
    Anyway ,OP, I don't know the effect this will have on your weight this week, but I do know that you should NOT use this as an excuse to fall off the wagon or just start over on Monday, etc. You did a great job logging and owning up to your setback. Now put it behind you and move on.

he didn't eat it. it's pre-logged as a plan for later today.

he's not "owning up to a setback", it is planned and intentional.

Sigh... reading is fundamental. Please disregard my previous post and my unusual display of giving someone the benefit of the doubt.
  • keefmac
    keefmac Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    yes, i really am most likely eating all this today...

media?function=fetchFilePublic&id=0323aa06-f1a3-4843-8121-4cde23f00887

I could quite happily take that on over a day!, to be honest I was expecting more for 11,000 kcals!.

I'd stop around 10 pints though, hard work getting up with the kids on a morning hungover..

Enjoy it!, oddly I put a kilo on over my holiday, but lost 2 kilos in a week when I got back..
  • christinesusie
    Options
    This paleo recipe cookbook is awesome. I simply love all the recipes. You will lose weight, be in fantastic shape, and have lots of energy. bit.ly/1AFBSEh
  • jeffpettis
    jeffpettis Posts: 865 Member
    Options

LOL!!! WTF? After reading this entire post I'm pretty sure the OP is not interested in your healthy cookbook... But I'll give you an A for effort (not really)!!!
  • deluxmary2000
    Options
    So... did you do it?
  • Francl27
    Options
    So... did you do it?

Bump.
  • higgins8283801
    higgins8283801 Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    I went to a restaurant last night and my dinner alone wound up being 2000 calories. I had 600 left over for dinner and snack so I went over by 1400. I did 45 minutes of cardio on my off day and burned about 400 of them. So I still had a overage of 1100.

I was bummed out. I asked on here about it. However when going over my weekly calories in/out and subtracting my BMR I still came in with a calorie deficit for the week.

So it turned out not to be too terrible.

Good luck.
  • deluxmary2000
    Options
    So... did you do it?

Bump.
    He's probably still sleeping off his hangover.
  • longtimeterp
    longtimeterp Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    the final total was 9961 calories! Kept it under 10K...
  • SomeNights246
    SomeNights246 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    That right there is a problem. Weight loss consideration aside. Drinking to that extent and being ok with where you are planning ahead is a serious problem. You may want to agree with me or not but regardless, that's a drinking problem. You will pay for that in the long run.

Actually i don't really consider it a drinking problem, i have no trouble drinking...it's more of a stopping problem with me... :-)

As someone who has alcoholism in their family...

I am seriously worried about this statement.

This is exactly what kind of logic the alcoholics in my family use.
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    So i was logging all the food i planned on eating today between football and nascar, and the calories were pretty high.

I've heard before that overeating takes a few days of consistent high calories to make a difference, and 1 day of excess calories wont all go to fat stores some will essentially just pass right through as your body can only do so much during digestion.

Was wondering if anyone else has experience with a day of gluttony (and i mean EXCESSIVE not like 1000 over) and what thoughts were on the effect of it...

Diary is open if anyone wants an idea of the overage im talking about too...

if it only happens every once in while then I chalk it up to life and reefed day. I swear when I tend to splurge after being so restrictive my body likes it for some reason and I still lose. So I call it a reefed day. Don't beat yourself up too bad just take it as a life lesson in why preplanning and snack packing will help you in the future. Just go work it off, you will be okay. :flowerforyou: :drinker: edit: whats the worst that can happen? you might maintain this week... slow and steady wins the race anyways.
  • Francl27
    Options

So what was the damage weight wise?
  • Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Apple-rita and light beer...

1399530220388.gif
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

let us know how your lifts go- on that bulking schedule, I bet they're going to massive.
  • megstoo
    megstoo Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I didn't read all the responses but the amount of sodium you're consuming is really bad
  • cranshinibon
    cranshinibon Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    if you're still making it a point to be good with your kcal deficit and hitting your macros / going to the gym for a calorie burn for the rest of the week, and this only happens on a rare occassion who cares.

If you gain a lb or 2 in a day, I doubt there is going to be a full lb or 2 of body fat, wherein some of it will be water retention due to sodium intake.

If you have your deficit to lose 2 lbs per week and it's working correctly, what's a week of hard work when you got to live your life on one day. You won't lose 30lbs in a month, so a little step backwards for a day won't be an issue unless you make a habit of it.

My biggest concern is to why the hell you'd watch nascar as I find it boring as hell. but that's just my opinion