I need to loose weight.

Options
Hi guys.
A bit for my story. I'm a guy and i currently weight 80KG , and im 1.76 cm. My aim is to lose 10kg as fast as i can.
I started a gym before a week, and i do just stationary bike, i feel better than on treadmill.
I do like 50mins on stationary bike and i burn like 400 calories per day, but im trying to start a diet too. But i don't know any diet to start on.
Also, before 3 years i was really fit, i never was fat in my life until this time, cuz i started using a car a lot and i never walk, and i gained like 10kg for 6 months. Now i have a belly fat and my face change too, i need to stop it!.
Now im doing a cardio every day, and going on gym without car, so im walking everyday like 30 mins now. Any suggestion to start loosign weight faster?

P.s sorry for my bad english!.

Replies

• robertwill3213
    Options
    Any Help Please?
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    You don't need a special "diet". You just need to be in a calorie deficit. MFP sets that goal for you to make it easy. :smile:

Looks like you have about 20lbs you want to lose, so enter your info into MFP if you haven't already, and I'd set the weekly loss goal to 1 lb a week. I'm sure you'd rather lose more quickly, but honestly, with only 20 lbs to lose, 1 lb a week is going to be more sustainable and realistic. Trying to lose too much too fast by slashing cals too low or with some restrictive diet usually leads to burnout and getting off track, and yoyo dieting. No fun.

The daily goal that MFP gives you has you at a calorie deficit before exercise - so that means you can eat to goal every day, do zero exercise, and you'll lose weight. If you do exercise, log it and those burned cals are added back into your goal - eat them back, bringing your daily NET cals to, or very close to goal, and you're still in a deficit and lose weight. You want to fuel that body to do the exercise and carry you through daily life! :smile:

Each week look back over your diary, see where you did well, and where you might do better. Better choices, more protein, were those calories that put you over worth it or would a half portion of whatever it was been enough to satisfy and kept you within goal? It takes time to get it all dialed in and learning new habits, but it's worth it.

Eat real food, home prepared as much as possible. Get a food scale so you can accurately weigh and measure what you eat and log it as best you can each day. Stick with it - you can do it!

Good luck!

And great info here - give this topic a read: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1235566-so-you-re-new-here
  • zericaaaaa
    zericaaaaa Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    use this - http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

it will show you how much you can eat daily. just weigh and measure your foods and log every day
  • robertwill3213
    Options
    Wow, what a great answer, thank you Amy.
    So by seeing your post, you say that i can eat everything that my mom cook? I started on morning to eat like 6 eggs, or cereals day by day, and on launch eating some white meat, and on dinner eating a salmon, also eating some vegetables too.

Now, please see my pic on the left is how i am now, and in the right how i was before 2 years, thats so bad!.

http://i.imgur.com/r5R8Svm.jpg

Thanks a lot
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I don't cook special foods for myself and something else for my family - I just cook regular meals and eat portions that fit into my daily calories. Chicken, lean beef, pork, fish, veggies, potatoes & sweet potatoes, rice (white and brown), fruits and so on. Learning to eat regular old food in proper portions is key to building the healthy habits you can stick with for good, so you lose the fat and keep it off!

Special or temporary diets are just that, temporary, and they give you temporary results.
  • robertwill3213
    Options
    Any other opinion?
  • robertwill3213
    Options
    And one more question, if i eat 2000 calories per day, and exerciese to loose 450calories, would i loose weight?
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,402 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Honestly, you should drop some of the cardio and pick up the weights. Weight loss isn't want makes you look good naked, it's body composition that determines that.

if you are going to workout 5-6 hours a week, i would set your calories to 2250, macros at 40% carbs, 30% protein and fats. I would suggest 3-4 days of weight lifting (fully body or split routines) and then 2 days of cardio/hiit. Also, make sure you use a food scale and track daily so you can be as accurate as possible. Use the scale for all solids and cups/spoons for liquids.
  • robertwill3213
    Options
    Honestly, you should drop some of the cardio and pick up the weights. Weight loss isn't want makes you look good naked, it's body composition that determines that.

if you are going to workout 5-6 hours a week, i would set your calories to 2250, macros at 40% carbs, 30% protein and fats. I would suggest 3-4 days of weight lifting (fully body or split routines) and then 2 days of cardio/hiit. Also, make sure you use a food scale and track daily so you can be as accurate as possible. Use the scale for all solids and cups/spoons for liquids.

Im tracking now the food, it looks good program :).
    Also, i thought to start a weight lifting after a month, after i loose some weight from stationary bike?
  • deborahgillion55
    deborahgillion55 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Please don't be so hard on your self. Just lighten up and be conscious of everything you put in your mouth. Enter it on your daily intake. Follow this program faithfully (it is a wonderful tool to follow to stay on track and best of all," it's free". It counts everything for you). Just be honest with your portions you eat. It is crucial to drink your water too, since it cleanses your system and prevents dehydration. I've been on this program for a 22 day stretch. I have 75 lbs as my goal to loose. I shop for normal food @ the grocery store. I eat healthy choices now and use the search box on this program to keep me in check with my foods and numbers every meal. I have lost 7lbs already. I eat regular food that I buy from the grocery store because I have made this a life change for myself. I feel that is the only way I can maintain my weight loss. I'm feeling much better with only the 7lbs loss and so looking forward to being the old me. Much success to you also.
  • robertwill3213
    Options
    Thanks a lot for your comments, now im going to the gym to burn some calories :).
  • psuLemon
    Options

Im tracking now the food, it looks good program :).
    Also, i thought to start a weight lifting after a month, after i loose some weight from stationary bike?

The sooner you start weight training the better. You really should concentrate on fat loss, not weight loss. Personally, I have seen much greater changes doing an all weight training program compared to a cardio program.
  • robertwill3213
    Options

Thanks for an answer. Can i do 5 days training on gym , 3 days on stationary bike for 40 mins, and last 2 days 20 min on stationary gim and 20 min weight lifting? Will this give me a good results.
    I am also following the food scale.
  • psuLemon
    Options

Thanks for an answer. Can i do 5 days training on gym , 3 days on stationary bike for 40 mins, and last 2 days 20 min on stationary gim and 20 min weight lifting? Will this give me a good results.

So you saying 5 days of weight training and on those days, also do cardio?
  • robertwill3213
    Options

So you saying 5 days of weight training and on those days, also do cardio?

Sorry, my english its not pretty good.
    I'm saying, can i do a 4 days on Cardio ( just stationary bike for 45 mins ) and on another 2 days cardio and weight lifting, so 4 days cardio and 2 days cardio+ weight lift each exercise 20 mins?
  • psuLemon
    Options
    It's ok if your English isn't good. I understand. I would recommend doing 4 days (suggest doing splits. So two days of upper body, 2 days of lower body) of just weight training and 2 days of cardio. No on the weight training days, if you want to do some cardio for a warm up (like 10 minutes) you can. But if you are weight training correctly, you won't want to do cardio.
  • robertwill3213
    Options
    Thanks a lot, i did the food diary for today and it said to eat 2,593 calories per day, but i eat 1915 today, 227 carbs, 52 fat, 99 protein, sodium 1543 and 59 sugar.

I lost again on gym like 450 calories in a stationary bike, working out for 45 mins. So in fitness pal on the end of site i see , If every day were like today... You'd weigh 71.9 kg in 5 weeks

Is this true?

Thanks guys.
  • psuLemon
    Options
    Thanks a lot, i did the food diary for today and it said to eat 2,593 calories per day, but i eat 1915 today, 227 carbs, 52 fat, 99 protein, sodium 1543 and 59 sugar.

I lost again on gym like 450 calories in a stationary bike, working out for 45 mins. So in fitness pal on the end of site i see , If every day were like today... You'd weigh 71.9 kg in 5 weeks

Is this true?

Thanks guys.

It's just a projection based on math, don't live by the you'd weigh xx in 5 weeks. The bigger concern you should have is increasing protein a bit more. 100g of protein is generally not enough for a man.
  • robertwill3213
    Options
    Hey guys.
    I want to add my "little transformation" for 1 month, what do you guys think?
    Those pic are in left first day that i started gym and diet, and the right, how i am right now. :)

http://i.imgur.com/l9YkLmc.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/sRKkHvl
    http://i.imgur.com/a6jI1oZ
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    i currently weight 80KG , and im 1.76 cm.
    According to this, your current BMI is 25.8.
    https://www.bcm.edu/research/centers/childrens-nutrition-research-center/healthyeatingcalculator/eatingCal.html

To be at the top end of a healthy weight range, you need to be no more than 77 kg, and to maintain that eat 2200 calories.
    (You should be no less than 59 kg, 1750 cal per day.)
    So you have at least 3 kg to lose, and no more than 20. That's going to happen very slowly.
    That calculator works in English & metric, and will tell you how many servings of which food groups to eat to hit your calorie goal.
    Use the "inactive" setting, and ignore your exercise calories, or "net" calories. Just eat 1800-2200 cal per day.)
    My aim is to lose 10kg as fast as i can.
    It would be reasonable to lose no more than 0.5 kg per week. That's cutting 500 cal per day from what you're eating now.
    0.5 kg every 2 weeks would be better. (250 cal per day less.)
    If you make a huge lifestyle change quickly, it's not going to be something you can stick with.
    I started a gym before a week, and i do just stationary bike, i feel better than on treadmill.
    Work your way up to the treadmill, then the elliptical.
    They're harder, and you'll be supporting your body weight (doesn't happen on the bike) so you'll burn more calories.
    But ignore your burned calories, ignore what the machine says you've burned, ignore what MFP says you've burned.
    Just eat your target 1800-2200 cal per day TOTAL calories.
    I do like 50mins on stationary bike and i burn like 400 calories per day, but im trying to start a diet too.
    But i don't know any diet to start on.
    "Most weight loss occurs because of decreased caloric intake.
    However, evidence shows the only way to maintain weight loss is to be engaged in regular physical activity."
    http://www.cdc.gov/healthyweight/physical_activity/index.html

You don't need any special "diet". In fact, since a diet is a temporary change, and you want to make a permanent change, don't even think about being on a diet. You're going to change your life, including how you eat, permanently.
    Eat normal, healthy, whole food, in moderation. The closer to natural it is, the better it is for you.
    Eat less fat & salt. Eat more vegetables, fruits, beans, & whole grains.
    Again I'll point you to that calculator I linked above. It will show you how many servings of which food groups you should eat.
    Now im doing a cardio every day, and going on gym without car, so im walking everyday like 30 mins now.
    Any suggestion to start loosign weight faster?
    The main thing you need to do to lose weight is control your eating.
    You don't want to lose weight fast, you want to lose weight permanently.
    Walking at least 30 min per day is a good start. More would be better, but you're starting off fine.
    Ease into doing more - walking longer, using the treadmill then the elliptical, high-intensity intervals, etc.
    Can i do 5 days training on gym , 3 days on stationary bike for 40 mins, and last 2 days 20 min on stationary gim and 20 min weight lifting? Will this give me a good results.
    It's best to do cardio every day, or at least 5 days per week.
    And you don't want to do weightlifting more than every other day. Some people wait 2 days in between. That lets your muscles repair themselves, rebuild, which means getting stronger & larger.

Here's a blog post I did about the basics of exercise.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/MKEgal/view/2014-06-08-exercise-667080

Here are several helpful threads:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/819925-the-basics-don-t-complicate-it

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/872212-you-re-probably-eating-more-than-you-think

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/833026-important-posts-to-read