When someone ignores your texts

Options

Replies

• Edmond_Dantes
    Edmond_Dantes Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    It depends who the person is for me.

My best guy friend is horrible at texting but during the summer I'll keep texting him cause I know that he will eventually wake up and remember his phone.

Is it bad that I usually ignore a lot of people's texts?

Does he know you are in love with him?
  • ThePhoenixIsRising
    ThePhoenixIsRising Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Snail mail.

All joking aside, sometimes I am awful at returning texts in a timely manner.

You never know what the person on the other end is dealing with, so don't flood them with messages.

Send one and that is that. If they want to talk they will eventually respond. If not, that is that.

I am not talking about few hours.I am talking about days when your phone calls and texts are not returned:devil: :embarassed:
    They may feel like a shmuk for not getting back to you so, instead of having an uncomfortable convo, ignore you.

Are you schmuck shaming? :huh:
    Nope just outing myself:ohwell:
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Move on, he has.
  • Chibukalu908
    Options
    what makes us give up contacting someone when we text or call and w get no response. Some how it seems getting a response encourage us to text again but when we sent texts and call only to be ignored ,we just give up naturally without even realize it. Is it because deep down we know we wont get a response?

Wait a minute. I've got some deja vu. Weren't you going on about some shunning business not too long ago? And then it all got worked out and you learned how to put people on ignore? And you weren't looking for sympathy but you got some so it was all good. I *think* that was you...

Anyway, I like your threads. They're irresistibly provocative and universally appealing to a wide and diverse audience :)

yes it is me:flowerforyou: and I have put few people on my ignore list from that thread who gave me sarcastic and judgemental answers.I wish I could block them from answering my threads but unfortunately mfp doesnt have that option but putting on on ignore list seems to be working as I don't even get ccurious to see their comment .They just get ignored:drinker:
  • aurorareigns
    Options
    It depends who the person is for me.

My best guy friend is horrible at texting but during the summer I'll keep texting him cause I know that he will eventually wake up and remember his phone.

Is it bad that I usually ignore a lot of people's texts?

Does he know you are in love with him?

That would be awkward if I was in love with him, considering I'm dating someone else.
  • YF92
    YF92 Posts: 2,893 Member
    Options
    Look them up at whatsapp

If theyre online then **** will happen
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I have never had someone ignore my text. I just would not text them again.
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    I have never had someone ignore my text. I just would not text them again.

The only one who has ignored my texts is my son. Then I nag the hell out of him until he answers me. LOL
  • 115s
    115s Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I just send a random face their way a couple of times, at a later date. If those get ignored, eff it.
  • Ferrous_Female_Dog
    Ferrous_Female_Dog Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    what makes us give up contacting someone when we text or call and w get no response.

Pride.
  • fivethreeone
    fivethreeone Posts: 8,196 Member
    Options
    Not sure if your theory is right, but I do know that when I ignore texts, it is exactly what I hope will happen.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Call.gif
  • skeo
    skeo Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    People are stuck in their phones, so there is no way he wouldn't have seen or received your texts, unless like someone said, he is gravely ill or something happened.

move on dear. :flowerforyou:
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options

what makes us give up contacting someone when we text or call and w get no response.

The natural order of a conversation is back and forth...if it's just you talking, you're a schizophrenic.
  • Tanie98
    Tanie98 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    People are stuck in their phones, so there is no way he wouldn't have seen or received your texts, unless like someone said, he is gravely ill or something happened.

move on dear. :flowerforyou:
    [/quote

this
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    Options
    Snail mail.

All joking aside, sometimes I am awful at returning texts in a timely manner.

You never know what the person on the other end is dealing with, so don't flood them with messages.

Send one and that is that. If they want to talk they will eventually respond. If not, that is that.

I am not talking about few hours.I am talking about days when your phone calls and texts are not returned:devil: :embarassed:

You are not important to this person you are texting, and you aren't taking the hint. Maybe it's time to sever the "friendship".
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    Overcome...overcome...
  • Return_of_the_Big_Mac
    Options
    i dont know what this feels like.
  • Lauren8239
    Lauren8239 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Just stalk them on facebook. :smokin: