Lessons learned yesterday...

Options
2»

Replies

• dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    If only I had access to a pool! I'll probably go for an easy hike. One of the best things about living here is all the nature and stuff :smile:

I was swimming in Lake Coeur d' Alene not too long ago, and found a common freshwater squid. Harrowing experience.
  • dbmata
    Options
    Hm, peanut butter... hmmm.
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    Apparently 40 squats (during which I am sure my *kitten* came nowhere near to actually low enough to be called a proper form squat) in one day was entirely too much for this fat, out of shape lady. I literally find myself using the hall bathroom because I am grip the door-frame and the front of the sink when I sit down on the (holy frig, it's low) toilet. Yay, fitness. Hopefully it's not so bad tomorrow, when I am supposed to do it again!

:drinker: for you my dear....

squat-meme.jpg
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    If only I had access to a pool! I'll probably go for an easy hike. One of the best things about living here is all the nature and stuff :smile:

I was swimming in Lake Coeur d' Alene not too long ago, and found a common freshwater squid. Harrowing experience.

:sick:
  • christinalong1991
    christinalong1991 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I only tell you this to warn you - usually the 2nd day after exercising is the worst pain. Workout your upper body tomorrow. Then your whole body can hurt! :bigsmile:

I did a beginner's body weight circuit training thing at home, so I also did modified wall push-ups, modified plank, lunges (okay, I tried to do lunges) and dumbbell rows. Oh and jumping jacks. And I did warm up and stretch before doing all this, lol. I can feel it in my upper body a little bit, in a good way, vs how my thighs feel, but I definitely need to pick up a heavier dumbbell for the rows. My 10yo can do perfectly good dumbbell rows with the one I used (8lbs, but the heaviest we actually own currently, lol)

Hmm, sounds like 30 day shred!! Lol. For me, when I get that sore to the point going up the stairs or peeing is painful, even though it doesn't seem like it would help, going for a walk really really makes them feel better for a while!! Drink plenty of water (if they are that sore the muscles are retaining fluids most likely) and go on a 15-20 minute walk just to warm up your legs and get some blood flowing. That should at least allow you to get through the rest of your day. And maybe go for a short walk just before doing it again tomorrow so they aren't as sore to begin with.
  • hmrambling
    hmrambling Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Did you squat with weight? It might help to try squats without weights to help build those muscles. I do 10 to 20 squats in the file room every time I walk up to the copier at work and it has to warm up. I think the squats without weights help to build those muscles and makes the squats with weights more bearable.

I could be dead wrong.
  • dbmata
    Options
    yup, just getting the area warmed up and moving helps wonders.
  • dbmata
    Options
    Did you squat with weight? It might help to try squats without weights to help build those muscles. I do 10 to 20 squats in the file room every time I walk up to the copier at work and it has to warm up. I think the squats without weights help to build those muscles and makes the squats with weights more bearable.

I could be dead wrong.

Oh there was a thread on this. Don't do those squats in the bathroom.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,419 Member
    Options
    I only tell you this to warn you - usually the 2nd day after exercising is the worst pain. Workout your upper body tomorrow. Then your whole body can hurt! :bigsmile:

I did a beginner's body weight circuit training thing at home, so I also did modified wall push-ups, modified plank, lunges (okay, I tried to do lunges) and dumbbell rows. Oh and jumping jacks. And I did warm up and stretch before doing all this, lol. I can feel it in my upper body a little bit, in a good way, vs how my thighs feel, but I definitely need to pick up a heavier dumbbell for the rows. My 10yo can do perfectly good dumbbell rows with the one I used (8lbs, but the heaviest we actually own currently, lol)

Hmm, sounds like 30 day shred!! Lol. For me, when I get that sore to the point going up the stairs or peeing is painful, even though it doesn't seem like it would help, going for a walk really really makes them feel better for a while!! Drink plenty of water (if they are that sore the muscles are retaining fluids most likely) and go on a 15-20 minute walk just to warm up your legs and get some blood flowing. That should at least allow you to get through the rest of your day. And maybe go for a short walk just before doing it again tomorrow so they aren't as sore to begin with.

I put in about 7k steps yesterday too and definitely in walk it off mode today! Thanks all!
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,419 Member
    Options

I could be dead wrong.

Bodyweight only, except the dumbbell rows.
  • fredgiblet
    fredgiblet Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Yep, after day of lifting I was barely able to walk. I need to get back to it.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    yup, just getting the area warmed up and moving helps wonders.

+1

If you can, just get up and moving. Go as slowly as you need to - it'll help even if you're crawling :wink:

I'm in a similar boat today. Between weighted squats and running, my quads feel like they're bruised when I touch them, they're so sore. Thankful there's a small park just across the street from work - I'm creeping my way around it once for a quick break, and a couple of times at lunch.
  • hmrambling
    hmrambling Posts: 321 Member
    Options

I could be dead wrong.
    Oh there was a thread on this. Don't do those squats in the bathroom.

oooooooh I found that post. Here it is:
    Well first i should start off saying that i don't have much time to exercise so i try to get some in at work. I usually walk stairs on breaks and things like that.
    I knew today was going to be a busy day and i wouldnt have much time to do anything. So i decided i was going to get my squats in early so i wouldnt have to worry about them later. I went to the ladies room and i was doing squats in the stall. I was doing great and got up to about 70 squats. On my last set my co worker walked in to use the restroom. I didn't think anything about it because i was so in the zone and was focused on getting my last set of squats in so i can get some coffee. You know how you make some type of noises when you have to push yourself on your last set? Yea....
    15 minutes later my boss called me in his office and explained to me that a co worker had heard me masturbating in the bathroom and it really disturbed her. I was in total shock trying to explain to my boss that i was just trying to get some quick squats in because i never have to time to exercise (because im always paper pushing for him :grumble: ) . He then said that he doesnt believe me and i need to do my personal business at home and not on the job and this was a warning. When i walked back to my desk everyone is just staring at me so i know my co worker had told everyone. I am so embarrassed beyond measures.
    Everyone keeps whispering behind my back, ugh Whyyyyy.

I am soooooo guilty of this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just do 20 and get out. That was a good laugh, though.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    MOAR WINE

I work out for wine and peanut butter.

Not serious... (well maybe a little). :laugh:

I'm all about the steak... and the ice cream/oreo combo.

and I'm 100% serious. :happy: