Trying to find the motivation

Options
Hi all, I just turned 42 and am back to my heaviest weight that hovers around 193 +/-. Saw pics of myself on vacation and got disgusted with myself. I'm trying to pack healthy breakfast and lunches and packing my gym bag for my lunch break. Getting in a rhythm is the hardest part. Planning dinners my family will like is equally hard. And staying away from the office candy bowl is a nightmare. My self control is the only thing about me that is thin.

I 'forgot' to track the 3 fun sized candy bars I ate yesterday because I mindlessly stuffed them in my mouth. And my clothes are tight enough to be uncomfortable.

I'm looking for some friends who can help hold me accountable and help me look at each day and each meal with the right mindset.

Thanks!

Replies

• thegreatcanook
    thegreatcanook Posts: 2,419 Member
    Options
    Make little changes every day and they will add up. Nobody ever does this perfectly!
  • Gagirl79
    Gagirl79 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to add me.....I have the same problem and it doesn't help that I am an emotional eater! This time I need to get this weight off because it is really affecting my Asthma. I don't have a ton of support at home either. Good Luck!! We all can do this!!
  • prgirl39mfp
    prgirl39mfp Posts: 3,154 Member
    Options
    Add me!! I am 198 and need to get in shape and deal with my emotional eating. I am 42 and I want to be a healthy old lady!! Good luck!
  • Sharon909
    Sharon909 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I am happily sending friend requests to both of you!
    My husband offered to bring the kids and meet me at the gym after work. I was so shocked I couldn't say yes fast enough! We got in a light workout (30 min elliptical and a little bit of abs) and went home to have a salad for dinner. My family only likes iceburg, but the favorite salad right now is to dump 2 cans of diced chicken into a skillet, a can of black beans, a can of garbanzo beans, a can of corn, and sauté until just warm, then scoop about a cup onto a bed of lettuce and add a sprinkle of shredded cheese, some croutons and some onion straws. Its not a very healthy salad but is super fast, super cheap, has lots of protein and even my 6 yr old will eat it if I skip the lettuce part. lol.

Today I had a Lean Cuisine for lunch which has a ton of sodium, but I got to the gym on my lunch break so I feel better about it. Dinner tonight is hot dogs and tater tots. (sigh) So...I may have leftover salad instead.
  • Mischabellaa
    Mischabellaa Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hey there... My name is Krissy... I am 42 as well..and yeah i don't like what i see in the mirror. I keep telling myself..keep working harder and your outside will match your inside :) Please feel free to add me if you like
  • Sharon909
    Sharon909 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Thanks Krissy,
    I made it back to the gym today and I'm feeling good but always the pessimist, I keep waiting for that head cold, or family emergency, or crampy period or something to throw me out of the zone. So far so good.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    instead of trying to eliminate junk food, just try adding more healthy food.
  • megraf6
    megraf6 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would also suggest reading "The Compound Effect" by Darren Hardy. It will help you stay motivated when you do not see any visible changes.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    If you do this for a man or for an ideal, you're not going to last. You have to do it for yourself.

It's easier when you surround yourself with like-minded individuals of course, and read self-help books and magazines. But you have to do the work yourself.
  • MiMiloves3grandchildren
    Options
    A nutritionist told me to eat more of the things that will satisfy me, such as high fiber, high protein foods. The usual whole grains, non-starchy veggies and fruits, nuts, lean protein, low fat dairy, and small amounts of healthy fats, such as olive oil, avocado, etc.

Would it be helpful to make a sign for yourself, that says "I will put only food that is good for me in my mouth"? I have found that no amount of empty calories satisfies me, and it sets me up for cravings when I eat them. It is because my blood sugar rises and dips. I do much better when I eat something like the South Beach diet or a Mediterranean style diet with the nutrients that my body needs. I hope that this is helpful. I just joined a group at the Y, and I am "going for the gold" to get myself in shape!

All the best to you!