Pact App with My Fitness Pal

Options
Just wondering how many are using this Pact App I see promoted on here. How you are able to link it with My Fitness Pal, make a pact and earn rewards for keeping it. It sounds like you may have to bet money and then if you don't keep your pact you lose out. A little like the one Jillian Michaels was running. Where everyone makes a bet on what they're going to lose and a pool of money is created. Those who meet the goal, the money is divided among the winners.

Anyway, I didn't want to download the app if no one is finding it useful or motivational.

Thanks

Replies

• Rangerfied
    Rangerfied Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Okay, I guess no one has tried this app.
  • JCLondonUK
    JCLondonUK Posts: 159
    Options
    I tried it, but it's glitchy - doesn't always record that you've met your pact. After spending some time having to email them to try and get it fixed, I got annoyed and told them to delete my account, and then had to fight with them to make them actually delete it. Shame, because I liked the idea, but there you go ...
  • Rangerfied
    Rangerfied Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I tried it, but it's glitchy - doesn't always record that you've met your pact. After spending some time having to email them to try and get it fixed, I got annoyed and told them to delete my account, and then had to fight with them to make them actually delete it. Shame, because I liked the idea, but there you go ...

Thanks for the infor. Guess I won't bother using it than.
  • mommyrunning
    mommyrunning Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I've used it. It can have a lot of glitches but if you have the patience they will fix the issues. (I did not have the patience and gave up on it) You can earn a couple dollars a week doing the pacts and it is motivating because you pay if you don't do what you agreed to.
  • JGT2004
    JGT2004 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I've been using it for about 3 weeks now and like it. You can use it for gym, food log, or veggie/fruit intake. You don't have to put any money in unless you don't meet your goal for the week. You set it up each week (ie this week I said I would eat 13 fruits/veggies so if I don't, I pay $5 for each fruit/veggie I don't eat).

At the end of the week they collect from everyone who didn't meet their goal and that money is divided out to those who did make their goal. The higher your goal the more $ you make. Ie if the breakout for the week is $.12 per fruit and veggie and I get $1.56 for meeting this goal but if I had set it at 30 fruits/veggies I'd get $3.60 for the week. (The most you can do is 5 fruits/veggies a day, and 1 workout of at least 30 min a day).

I am already logging regularly but I have found this makes me more accountable in eating fruits/veggies and getting my workout in. I definitely don't want to have to pay $ for missing. I haven't had any bugs though it sometimes takes 24 hours for it to fully sync with MFP or my running app. The customer service has been great about resolving any issues quickly. Definitely worth using IMO.

Edited to add: You aren't going to get rich off of this but I am using it to help keep me accountable and who knows, after 6 months I may have enough for new running shoes! Every little bit helps.
  • amberj32
    amberj32 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I've been using it the past 3 weeks and I love it. I Had a Samsung Galaxy S3 for the first two week and now I have the S4 and it works fine with both phones. My pact was to work out 5 days a week, log food into MFP 7 days a week and eat one fruit or vegetable a day for the week. I'm making money. It's great so far!!
  • amberj32
    amberj32 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I've been using it for about 3 weeks now and like it. You can use it for gym, food log, or veggie/fruit intake. You don't have to put any money in unless you don't meet your goal for the week. You set it up each week (ie this week I said I would eat 13 fruits/veggies so if I don't, I pay $5 for each fruit/veggie I don't eat).

At the end of the week they collect from everyone who didn't meet their goal and that money is divided out to those who did make their goal. The higher your goal the more $ you make. Ie if the breakout for the week is $.12 per fruit and veggie and I get $1.56 for meeting this goal but if I had set it at 30 fruits/veggies I'd get $3.60 for the week. (The most you can do is 5 fruits/veggies a day, and 1 workout of at least 30 min a day).

I am already logging regularly but I have found this makes me more accountable in eating fruits/veggies and getting my workout in. I definitely don't want to have to pay $ for missing. I haven't had any bugs though it sometimes takes 24 hours for it to fully sync with MFP or my running app. The customer service has been great about resolving any issues quickly. Definitely worth using IMO.

Edited to add: You aren't going to get rich off of this but I am using it to help keep me accountable and who knows, after 6 months I may have enough for new running shoes! Every little bit helps.

It holds me accountable too! I really like it and I definitely don't want to pay money for missing either. I wasn't sure at first about the app. I might need to up my fruit and veggie game!

Customer service is great. I was having phone issues not app issues but they were able to resolve.
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    I have used Pact since around February. Have made a good bit of $ with it.

You commit to doing a certain # of healthy activities each week. If you don't keep your Pact commitments, you pay. If you do keep them, you share $ from those who had to pay. Not paying is a pretty good motivation! I've never paid. I've withdrawn a good bit. Have $28.25 now but letting it build.

I commit to:
    6 days workouts - with Fitbit it counts 10,000 steps a day, or using a GPS app like Map My Walk a 30 minute walk covering at least 1 mile
    7 days food logging - syncs w/ MFP and I've never had trouble there
    28 fruits/veggies. Max you can commit to is 5/day.

I make $4-5 most weeks.
  • natesangel
    natesangel Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    i'm enjoying it too, it seemed glitchy at first until i figured out the way it records! love that they changed the food log deadline (nothing worse than falling asleep and forgetting to log that last needed entry!)
    so far so good, willing be cashing in soon for the first time so can't tell you anything on that. it's my motivation to buy myself something fitness related later on! more weights this time!
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I have been using it for almost a year... it has its glitches, but the customer service makes up for that imo. I made a decent amount of money using it, enough for little things like mani/pedis or to pay for my BodyMedia subscription.
  • Muppyooh
    Muppyooh Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    How do you get the money you earn?
  • mkcongrove1
    mkcongrove1 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Have the glitches been fixed with the new year?