30 day shred!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    I bought it the other day and have been staring at it on my shelf, too intimidated to start. Count me in. I will start tomorrow if you all start with me.:drinker:
  • jbrown78
    jbrown78 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I haven't heard of this DVD before but it sounds great. Where can you buy it? I go to the gym 3-4 days a week but it would be nice to do something at home to.
  • baby81girl2003
    baby81girl2003 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Kate- You're in, and so are we! I tried it out tonight to see what it was like and I liked it! 30 days starts tommorow!

Brown- I bought my at walmart. I think they have them at Miejer too, or amazon and ebay. I paid aroun $12 for it.
  • ouryear002
    ouryear002 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I got mine at Target.
  • ouryear002
    Options
    I am just now starting Level 2! I have lost 7lbs this first week and a half.

On a side note: I have been getting some really bad shin splints and I am not really sure what to do about it. So if anyone has any advice on how to prevent/cure them that would be great. I don't want to stop working out and I really don't want to take time off to rest, unless I absolutely have to. I just don't want to take a break because you have to do the workout every day for 30 days, unless I'm mistaken?

I've been having shin pain from the treadmill. I started a PT exercise and it seems to help. Sit in a chair and extend 1 leg. Trace the alphabet with your foot. Then do the other foot. I also repeat it tracing the mirror image of the letters. I've been doing it at least once a day.

Also, if you curl your toes under so you are pressing the top of your toes on the floor, you can feel the stretch in the shin.
  • heatherw7
    Options
    Count me in! I started the shred this morning but will definitely need some support! It's a kick butt workout! Good luck ladies! Add me if you like, I'm still kind of new to all this!
  • momof3babes
    Options
    I love it!! I started it about 2 1/2 weeks ago and lost almost 6 lbs. I don't do it EVERY day. Sometimes I skip and just do a run on the treadmill. Great workout! Especially for the short time. I can't get much more in with 3 tiny kiddos!
  • BigBootyMimi
    BigBootyMimi Posts: 84 Member
    Options

On a side note: I have been getting some really bad shin splints and I am not really sure what to do about it. So if anyone has any advice on how to prevent/cure them that would be great. I don't want to stop working out and I really don't want to take time off to rest, unless I absolutely have to. I just don't want to take a break because you have to do the workout every day for 30 days, unless I'm mistaken?

To add to what others have said, Make sure you have very supportive cross trainers or other athletic shoes meant for this type of vigorous exercise. I had the same problem, but cleared it up with very good shoes.
  • Warmbloodwear
    Warmbloodwear Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I have been on it for 5 days and incorporated pilates and running today I can see a difference in my body and im down 5 pounds. I consider some water weight. It is tough!!!!!
    It gets easier everyday I just push myself... Where a hrm it really helps me:wink:
  • wannabahotmama
    Options
    I'm going to go buy it tomorrow so I can join in on this with you all. I have just been doing Just Dance on the Wii but I want something that will get me some results.
  • ouryear002
    Options
    30 Day Shred! Here we go!
    The group looks like:
    Ouryear002
    laurascott20
    baby81girl2003
    mazie129
    CriketKate
    BigBootyMimi
    wannabahotmama
    Heatherw7
    Seems like a good number. I'm going to start a new thread titled "30 day shred 1/22 closed group" That will be for us!

From what I understand, you are supossed to do the DVD every day. I know some people (like me!) may not be able to do this. Let's keep checking in anyway. The important thing is to not quit! We can do it!
  • mandypizzle
    mandypizzle Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Oh! Ya, Om not sure but I've heard it's not good to really work out in those. Jillian doesn't really do a thorough stretch so I usually stretch out a bit more after. My shins have never hurt after doing the Shred but they do when I run. The stretch I do for my shins is get in a plank position and shift your body way up and way back with your toes. This stretches the calves and shins.
    What stretches do you recommend? I know Jillian doesn't really do too many stretches that will help with these shin splints. I'm wondering if it might be my shoes too because I have those curves for women that are supposed to help tone and I think they might be a little much for a beginner like me.
    make sure you are stretching your shins really good! And I have been taking Sunday's off. I think you are supposed to do it every day but I need a day to rest!!

• skyeblu18
    Options
    I just started doing some of Jillian Michaels videos that were on Comcast On Demand. I really enjoy her and decided I'm going to buy her dvd. Its great to know so many people on here are doing JM workout videos too! :)