Alcohol v. Food Calories?

Options

Replies

• yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    But when I'm drinking... I think cardio and dancing are such a good idea. I only think running is a good idea when I'm drinking. I feel like there should be some accounting for the drunken cardio factor in this debate.

Dancing is always fun when you are drunk. I actually had a girl that was white saying
    her "I wish I was black"
    Me laughing "Why"
    her "I have no rhythm"
    me "do you see that girl over there (black girl) she has no rhythm."
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options

Not possible, I don't believe you.
  • Wookinpanub
    Wookinpanub Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    Too much back and forth arguing here. So can I get *kitten* faced this weekend or not?:drinker:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:love: :love: :love: :drinker: :drinker:

Can I come??

More the merrier, QT
  • yopeeps025
    Options

Do you believe that the best girl I have ever dance (grind, freak dance, dry hump, whatever its called these days) was a White girl.

Yes some black girls did not get the we can automatically dance gene.
  • MityMax96
    Options

Do you believe that the best girl I have ever dance (grind, freak dance, dry hump, whatever its called these days) was a White girl.

hmmm.....
    A white girl MAYBE....BIG MAYBE.

but a black girl being skipped over...or black guy for that matter...I have to see to believe.
  • yopeeps025
    Options

hmmm.....
    A white girl MAYBE....BIG MAYBE.

but a black girl being skipped over...or black guy for that matter...I have to see to believe.

Im sorry the top two were white girls. One of these dances was in high school. She vibrated her butt on me. I smiled so hard. I felt so good though. I dance with this same girl four years before in freshman year so I got to see how far she came in her skills.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    Are alcohol calories and food calories the same when it comes to weight loss since alcohol has no nutritional value?

For example, if you normally have 10 drinks per week at 100 calories a piece- that is an extra 1000 calories. If you didn't have any the next week and you ate the same, would you lose weight? Or would it make any difference?

No. Alcohol also increases the rate at which your body stores fat, and it also slows down your fat burn. So if you are drinking 10 drinks in one week (a separate issue that maybe you should address, and further most are more than 100 calories), you are making it very difficult on your body to lose weight, and the extra 1000 calories isn't helping. Also, if your food intake is within calories, then yes that 1000 calories less from not drinking would probably help you lose weight, but not as much. And since alcohol is a diuretic, you tend to retain water a day or so after as well.

Because of all this, when I drink, I just double the amount of calories in my head and say okay, this 137 calorie beer is really 260, so is drinking 5 worth the effect it will have?? Sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't. lol

whatever-gif.gif

10 drinks in one week I think is nothing. 10 drinks in one night I might call that something.

Exactly. That's like a drink a night, with a 3 extra on the weekend. When I drink, I usually have 2-3 drinks. I drink about 3-4 times a week. Hardly an alcoholic.

Granted, I come from a family of alcoholics so I try to keep my drinking low, specially being in college, its easy for that to spiral out of control in my case. Not to judge or insult anyone else, but for me anything more than once or twice a week for me in particular scares me. Just sayin...

I'm sorry you had to go through that, but it's not really fair for you to apply your experience to others. You were a little judgey - you told her it might be something she needs to address. Had you said what you said in this post, no one would have reacted. Context is everything.
  • Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    But when I'm drinking... I think cardio and dancing are such a good idea. I only think running is a good idea when I'm drinking. I feel like there should be some accounting for the drunken cardio factor in this debate.

giphy.gif

let me know next time you go out, I wanna come

phoebe-how-you-doin-o.gif
  • MityMax96
    Options

giphy.gif

let me know next time you go out, I wanna come

phoebe-how-you-doin-o.gif

So is that a yes or no??? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • MityMax96
    Options

Im sorry the top two were white girls. One of these dances was in high school. She vibrated her butt on me. I smiled so hard. I felt so good though. I dance with this same girl four years before in freshman year so I got to see how far she came in her skills.

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • joelprudhomme2
    joelprudhomme2 Posts: 19 Member
    Options

I agree when I'm drunk I am in motion, that's where I get most of my cardio. lol
  • yopeeps025
    Options

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Yeah I was she was wow though. I hear the guy in front of her (( )) say look he smiling. Back to OP why would you want to use alcohol over food? This coming from someone who had a very high tolerance to alcohol. Never tried to out drink two people in one night though. I never challenge my best friend either. I figure we might die trying so that never happen.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    I haven't heard I'm dipping since maybe 1998. Lol.
    That dipping guy is a real crybaby
  • sjaplo
    sjaplo Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    Well this thread got weird quickly - name calling, merits of white girl (woman sorry) versus black girl (woman sorry again) dancing and an inference that 10 drinks a week makes one a raging alcoholic.

Recycling.jpg
  • s9foster
    s9foster Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Sjaplo.... I totally agree with your comment "well this thread got weird quickly." : ) Thanks for the responses though.
  • christinalong1991
    christinalong1991 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Well this thread got weird quickly - name calling, merits of white girl (woman sorry) versus black girl (woman sorry again) dancing and an inference that 10 drinks a week makes one a raging alcoholic.

Recycling.jpg
    Never said raging alcoholic, never said alcoholic even, but maybe evaluate why 10 drinks a week is worth it. I said for ME, 10 drinks a week would scare me because I have seen it destroy everyone I love.
  • sjaplo
    sjaplo Posts: 974 Member
    Options

Recycling.jpg
    Never said raging alcoholic, never said alcoholic even, but maybe evaluate why 10 drinks a week is worth it. I said for ME, 10 drinks a week would scare me because I have seen it destroy everyone I love.

Addictive personality is an addictive personality - usually has nothing to do with booze. Look at Alice Cooper - he replaced drinking with golf and became a 1 or 2 handicap.

Me - I pretty much only drink beer now - but I have at least three beers a day - and I'm losing ( loosing :laugh: ) because it fits into my calories and my macros.

Unfortunately people equate drinking with getting drunk and while the two are not mutually exclusive, one does not necessarily lead to the other.
  • Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options

Recycling.jpg

Funny. My sister made this same comment to me and my other sisters 2 weeks ago about her recyclables.

We said that the fact that it was bottles and not cans though - she was at least classy in her alcohol choices.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options

I agree when I'm drunk I am in motion, that's where I get most of my cardio. lol

In for the drunk cardio. I can dance for 10hrs straight with enough alcohol also loved my drunken walks