Fitness Blender 5 day challenge

Options
Hey so I just did Day 1 of their free five day challenge. I loved it. Sweat my *kitten* of this afternoon :)

I found it a little too easy to do the beginner or low impact version, and just a little too crazy to do the full throttle version so I alternated going hard the first set, laid back the 2nd, hard then laid back. I don't have a heart rate monitor but I stopped after each set and took my pulse manually for 6 seconds and then multiplied that number by ten. It seemed to work alright, But then when I calculated my calories burned I came up with around 600 when the range for the video was 200-500 or something. Is it possible that I could burn that much? I gave it my all and like I said, I was dripping and dead tired afterwards.... I was skeptical of that number though so I only input about 450 or so for the day... better to underestimate than over right?

Is anyone else doing these videos currently?

Replies

• angelpooh1582
    angelpooh1582 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    i am not currently doing this videos...but sounds like i might need to check them out. is there a website or is it dvd's?
  • HazelMcNutty
    HazelMcNutty Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Http:\\wwwFitness blender.com they have tons of free videos online or programs that you can buy....
  • pepperoniluv
    Options
    I just finished day 3 and I'm loving them! I'm thinking of cancelling my gym membership and doing their workouts. I've been trying to figure out how many calories I'm burning. I decided to use the midpoint for now.
  • Joshuam2107
    Options
    I have been using this site for bodyweight only strength training workouts where I can find them.

Is this challenge bodyweight only?
    and if so is it more on the strength training side or hiit cardio?
  • SMFRN
    SMFRN Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I love Fitness Blender! I am doing the 5 day challenge the second time. I use their videos every day. They really do a great job. There is such a variety of videos, I'm never bored.
  • HazelMcNutty
    HazelMcNutty Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I have been using this site for bodyweight only strength training workouts where I can find them.

Is this challenge bodyweight only?
    and if so is it more on the strength training side or hiit cardio?

This one is cardio and strength training mixed together. They use weights but you could just do resistance if you wanted to try it, It looks like they try to change it up. Yesterday it was a lot of cardio and lower body work today was not so much cardio and a lot of upper body. Tomorrow looks like it's going to kill me. I can't wait. :)
  • madrose0715
    madrose0715 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I've been doing Fitness Blender for over a year - love them! Daniel and Kelly are awesome and I never get bored with their workouts...