NSV keeps me motivated and makes me sad

Options
2»

Replies

• bigblondewolf
    bigblondewolf Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    This T-shirt canvas thing is nothing short of brilliant! I love it!

Lol I take no credit as I didn't invent them. But they are def the best way to keep old clothes memories. Best part - no sewing required! Just scissors and glue :)
  • cmbauer99
    cmbauer99 Posts: 184 Member
    Options

Lol I take no credit as I didn't invent them. But they are def the best way to keep old clothes memories. Best part - no sewing required! Just scissors and glue :)

I am a man, I have no decorating sense. If I could find one, I would have dogs playing poker tapestry on my wall. Not sure I can make what you suggest, however I could nail them to the wall! hahaha
  • bigblondewolf
    bigblondewolf Posts: 268 Member
    Options

I am a man, I have no decorating sense. If I could find one, I would have dogs playing poker tapestry on my wall. Not sure I can make what you suggest, however I could nail them to the wall! hahaha

Hahaha I promise they're super easy. All you have to do is cut the tshirt into a square large enough for the canvas and either staple or glue it to the frame :)
  • JoshNorris79
    JoshNorris79 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    My wife makes t-shirt quilts, or just blankets actually. Just cut out the graphic on the front and back in the same size as all the others and sew them together. It doesn't take her too long and she does them for our kids, which is super neat. a way to keep the memories around. I would of course be lost at doing that myself but maybe you know someone who sews?
  • rgbmore
    rgbmore Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I had this issue with my stuffed animals from my childhood when I went to college. I took some photos of each, then donated them to Goodwill. Thought I'd regret it (save them for my daughter, but she doesn't really care lol) but I never have.

So with the t-shirts, only keep a few that have important memories, take photos of the others, and move on. You will probably never encounter a day where you'll say "Where's that shirt that doesn't fit me?? I wish I had kept it in my closet!"

Get some new t-shirts to make memories in. (Each time you travel somewhere, go to a concert, etc).

If you can't be crafty, photos to slap in a folder on your computer is probably the best alternate.
  • MisterZ33
    MisterZ33 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    whenever i buy a t-shirt...or any shirt for that matter, i tear the damn sleeves off. dress shirts too.
  • Kate7294
    Kate7294 Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    LOL. I had a couple cool ones. :( A men's 2xx from a tattoo convention had a cool version of tattooed couple with pitch forks

Recently tried on the xl men's shirt I ordered from tikibartv and it's almost to my knees
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    I love the canvas t-shirt art too, my daughter needs to do this with the 1,000 t-shirts from XC meets and soccer tournaments. A great project for a rainy weekend.
  • kelseyann92
    kelseyann92 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    cut them into tank tops to wear to the gym :)
  • NinjaJinja
    NinjaJinja Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I like that canvas shirt idea! Though if I were emotionally attached to my tshirts clearly the most logical option for me would be to make a t-shirt quilt out of them, since I am, in fact, an actual quilter. The only thing is because I AM an experienced quilter already I know that working with t-shirt fabric is harder than working with quilting cottons. You should use interfacing to stabilize the fabric so it doesn't stretch all out of shape. People like to think it is a good beginner project, but I would argue that it isn't.

No, what really ends up happening is I use the too big shirts to wear around the house until they fall completely apart.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!