low carb success stories

Options
13»

Replies

• ShrinkinMel
    ShrinkinMel Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I'm working on cutting out the bad carbs that aren't whole grain. I would like to go gluten free for a good month or more to check something. I enjoy quinoa noodles and rice noodles but I haven't yet purged out all the gluten grains. I'm dealing with some IBS type symptoms and really would like to do an elimination diet. I suspect fructose and gluten sensitivities, maybe corn too. I don't know that I'm celiac(never tested) but some family likely are/were(have passed away and can't be tested now).

I think it can help in many situations but the brain and body need some carbs. And in my opinion its never good to replace them with fatty meats and cholesterol. Will defeat some purpose of losing weight(getting healthy). But if you increase your veggies and limit carbs and measure the servings. I try to avoid them in the mornings because then I tend to have cravings and more hunger through the day.
  • Sourdiesel79
    Sourdiesel79 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I did a low carbon diet a few years ago and yes I did loose weight. However I found it was impossible to stick to it long term. As soon as I started eating semi normally again I put it all back on! Doing low calorie now and it seems to be working. Also learning to control my portion sizes which is, to be honest, the key to loosing weight.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    bump
  • meg091380
    Options
    I have been on a very low carb regiment (10g or less a day) for 7 weeks and am at 40 lbs lost as of today (lost 2 before starting back on MFP). I think it's going very well for me. I do have a problem eating enough because I get very full very quickly. I spoke to my Dr. about this but he states that I am doing ok due to the large amount of weight I have to lose. It is amazing how little I desire bread, sugar, rice, potatoes or other high carb foods. They just don't have the same hold on me. I wish you all the best in your endeavors!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!