am i loosing my booty?

Options
So, I've always had a pretty good butt. for about the past month, I've been working out, lifting weights ( barbell & dumbbell squats) along with other various exercises to lift and tone my booty. about two people have commented and i myself have noticed my booty looks a tad bit smaller than when i originally started. in my measurements I've gained a inch around my hips but the side view looks as if my booty is shrinking.. I thought those exercises were to assist with building a better booty.. am i just loosing it here guys?

Replies

• meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i have this theory that how your booty looks (well not just yours but everyone's ) is also affected by your thighs, especially that part of the back of your thighs where they meet the butt. the less of a lift you have there, the flatter your butt will look.

also are you looking at yourself in the same outfit?
    i know i definitely have stuff where i will look as pancakey as a denny's grand slam breakfast and others where it's total rump-o-smooth skin :laugh:
  • chadwick175
    chadwick175 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Yep your losing it lol
  • LOTOPC
    LOTOPC Posts: 5
    Options
    Squats will minimize the booty for sure, especially when combined with a weight loss diet. . When I was squatting religiously, I noticed that my thighs became bulkier and my already teeny butt started becoming more compact (albeit super tight). Muscle is just denser than fat.

To reverse the effects, I just toned down resistance training and amped up the cardio.