Favorite animated film..

Options
Watching PARANORMAN with my niece recently reignited my interest and love for all things animated. PLEASE don't let me think I am alone in this obsession, a 44 year old who cannot get enough cartoon films. Ha.

Not sure of my favorite but THE INCREDIBLES and WATERSHIP DOWN rank high.

Replies

• Bucky83
    Bucky83 Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    Finding Nemo and Shrek are pretty high on this list.

Probably Alice in Wonderland. Classic.
  • breesie11
    breesie11 Posts: 3,478 Member
    Options
    Nightmare Before Christmas :drinker:
  • Chalk_Slinger
    Chalk_Slinger Posts: 1,012
    Options
    I HATED this one in the theater but watch it often on DVD. Go figure. Coraline, too.
  • Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    They should make another Incredibles movie!

But...Howl's Moving Castle
  • Chalk_Slinger
    Options

There is a sequel in the works or there is rumored to be. HOWL'S is a beautiful film, Miyazaki at his finest. Ah... an appreciator of quality anime.
  • Joannah700
    Options

There is a sequel in the works or there is rumored to be. HOWL'S is a beautiful film, Miyazaki at his finest. Ah... an appreciator of quality anime.

There's a sequel in the works?! I'm so including this on the "I'm grateful" thread...
  • bezerkus
    bezerkus Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Anime? Golgo 13

Kid Animated - 101 Dalmations

Computer Animated - Incredibles
  • SheGlows
    SheGlows Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Spirited Away <3<3<3 <333333
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options

I thought Miyazaki is retired for good and his studio is shutting down.

Anything by Miyazaki is my favorite. That man creates such beautiful art and stories.
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    All sorts of "Japanimation", Secret Of Nimh, Dumbo, Charlotte's Web, and a bunch of others I can't recall right now...and to include non-film animation, Lloyd's Lunchbox, Æon Flux, Archer, Robot Chicken, Aqua teen Hunger Force, The Brothers Grunt, Ren And Stimpy, Bevis and Butthead, Rocko's Modern Life, Animaniacs, Pinky And The Brain...and also mnay more I'm too much of a fry brain to think of right now.
  • Chalk_Slinger
    Options
    All sorts of "Japanimation", Secret Of Nimh, Dumbo, Charlotte's Web, and a bunch of others I can't recall right now...and to include non-film animation, Lloyd's Lunchbox, Æon Flux, Archer, Robot Chicken, Aqua teen Hunger Force, The Brothers Grunt, Ren And Stimpy, Bevis and Butthead, Rocko's Modern Life, Animaniacs, Pinky And The Brain...and also mnay more I'm too much of a fry brain to think of right now.

Wow. A devotee.... Ha. Have you seen Mary and Max?A claymation MUST.
  • pjlove1
    pjlove1 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Gotta stick with South Park. Simple animation, but brilliant. Trey Parker and Matt Stone are geniuses.
  • arainiday1
    arainiday1 Posts: 1,763 Member
    Options
    My Neighbor Totoro
  • abadvat
    abadvat Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    Akira still remains my number 1!
  • bananna30
    bananna30 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    PONYO!!! And anything Miyazaki
  • PurringMyrrh
    Options

Wow. A devotee.... Ha. Have you seen Mary and Max?A claymation MUST.
    I hadn't even heard of but I just watched the trailer and it looks brilliant! I will be looking to rent that within the next couple of weeks. Thanks for the suggestion. Kinda reminiscent of a Wallace and Gromit gig...just in appearance though. Looks dark and lovely.
  • Joannah700
    Options

Just so you know...I'm watching Freakazoid right now. Thought you might be a fan.

Do you want to go out for a snow cone?
  • PurringMyrrh
    Options

Just so you know...I'm watching Freakazoid right now. Thought you might be a fan.

Do you want to go out for a snow cone?
    Holy crapper, I forgot all about that one! Some hilarious dialogue there. Then I look and realise that was almost 20 years ago...urgh.

Snow cones? *perks up*
  • Phoenix__Rising
    Phoenix__Rising Posts: 9,981 Member
    Options
    Beauty and the Beast but because of fond memories.
  • PurringMyrrh
    Options
    Beauty and the Beast but because of fond memories.
    That's a good one! I saw the premiere of that at the El Capitan theater in Hollywood. They had a bunch of live musical stuff preceeding it. Really incredible.