Replies

• muzichick
    muzichick Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • peacemongernc
    peacemongernc Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I can't believe that I'm starting (again) TODAY, went to the health club this morning (which I also can't really afford), logged onto myfitness pal again TODAY to begin my program and here I am sitting here wondering if I am just setting myself up for failure again, or if it will be different this time. Then I come over to community to check it out and read YOUR story. I weigh 309 lbs and want to lose 121 lbs! Thanks for the inspiration that it can be done. I love your humility too.

:) I just wanted to reach out to you and to encourage you. I remember sitting on the exercise bike at the gym, with tears running down my face, saying prayers of thanks that I was sweating so much that no one would be able to tell I was crying. It wasn't that it hurt, but just that making changes is SUCH A MENTAL THING!! It was hard to make changes, but trying to wrap my brain around becoming a new... or evolving... or different person: that's where the rubber met the road. Especially when you are really big, you can make mistakes on your food choices, stay under maintenance, and still lose weight. (Not as fast, but it still comes off.) But the stress of evolving into someone different on the outside, while staying the same on the inside is complicated.

But that's where the advantage is of making the lifestyle change verses setting outward, specific goals. You need both. But if you have made a change in how you will do things going forward, and you are going to keep doing those things regardless of how long it takes the scale to move in the right direction or how long it takes you to go from a 20 second plank to a 30 second plank... the efforts to improve remain. So when you hit that plateau for 2 months, it doesn't matter because you are going to do the same thing whether the scale moves or not... just because it is the healthy thing to do!!

And you know what... the scale always starts moving again. It defies time, space and science sometimes, but it moves.

That's where being a not-stopper comes in!

Just don't quit.

Shannon
  • Tabbitha1968
    Tabbitha1968 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful, i like your not-stopper comment, it is truly the way to success. Just dont stop.
  • luvdogz
    luvdogz Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    You look amazing and so happy! Thank you for sharing!!
  • rosiemaji
    rosiemaji Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Great job for yourself and you are inspiring to others. You have used the right term -non-stopper. It's not willpower because willpower waxes and wanes. But being a non-stopper, if you fall off the wagon now and then, you won't be satisfied to just sit in the dirt and mope. No. You will dust yourself off and jump right back on without apology or looking back. Thanks for helping to keep the rest of us on the wagon. Rock On!
  • keshabbaker
    keshabbaker Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    thank you for sharing your story it is so inspiring you look awesome and I am sure you feel 100 times better. The joy of seeing you happy with your granddaughter is motivational enough because I have two small children. I will be a not-stopper and continue this journey of simple making better choices.
  • Ftw37
    Ftw37 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    And the next picture is of me and my 12 year old daughter, wearing my "before" clothes together! She weighs about 120, so together we weigh about what I did when I started.

10513368_10152195013633314_787057484815103070_n.jpg

I absolutely love this photo! Shows exactly how much you've lost! And gained! Sincere congratulations on an amazing job well done.
  • Kp203N
    Kp203N Posts: 22
    Options
    Love that concept of being a non-stopper. i should remember this post when I want to quit :) Also, I love the picture of two people wearing one shirt! :) just reminds me of how good it'll get when i finally lose the weight :)
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    you do look younger and very happy…radiant. I love your advice.. it is so true..to just keep trying and to not to use slip ups as an excuse to just stop because it didin't go perfect. You are proof it pays off to keep at it..

Thanks for posting
  • katimama
    katimama Posts: 191 Member
    Options

People tell you it is all about will power and making up your mind to do it and that sort of thing. Well, I'm here to tell you that you can be loaded with doubts and still make a positive change. You can fall off the wagon over and over, but just keep thinking of ways to make healthier choices next time.

I'm a not-stopper. I'm not a go-getter or a great organizer or planner or more committed than anyone else. I probably didn't even work harder than lots of folks who eventually quit. All I am is a not-stopper.

Loved reading that. Congratulations and thanks for your post!
  • lighteningjeanne855
    lighteningjeanne855 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your success. The picture of you AND you daughter in your
    old outfit is wonderful!
    I have to lose the same amount, and 30 pounds more.
    I'm encouraged that your "not stopping" lasted 2.5 years, but you still lost the weight.

Might you give use one more picture, ALONE in clothing in your new size?
  • CoachJen71
    CoachJen71 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful story! Thank you for sharing it. I get such a boost when I see people who were once my size who have shrunk down to a half or a third as much!
  • ThePhoenixIsRising
    ThePhoenixIsRising Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    The weight loss is amazing, but what hits home for me is the fact that you stayed true to improving yourself for 2.5 years. That is a will of amazing strength, and truly inspiring to me!
  • kelseyann92
    kelseyann92 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    you look amazing, what an inspiration!!! you look so much younger too :wink:
  • chesnity3
    chesnity3 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Great job! Amazing!
  • mochapygmy
    mochapygmy Posts: 2,123 Member
    Options
    A not stopper! That is a fantastic phrase from a fantastic inspiration. :drinker:
  • LeenaGee
    LeenaGee Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    What an inspiration you are and you did it your way!! Congrats you little not stopper, you should be so proud of yourself.:bigsmile:
  • shrinkingmags
    shrinkingmags Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Great Job:)
  • MargueriteMuguet
    MargueriteMuguet Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Oh ! You are such an inspiration to me! Reading your story really takes the pressure off. Thank you so much, you taught me something really valuable!
  • janatarnhem
    janatarnhem Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Fabulous transformation! Love the mum- daughter pic!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!