What to have with my steak

Options
13»

Replies

• ruby_red_rose
    ruby_red_rose Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I love steak with cooked squash. I buy the cooked squash frozen. It almost feels like mashed potatoes.
  • annabraham6930
    Options
    yum, what time is dinner?
  • littlelaura
    littlelaura Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    I like a baked sweet potato and grilled asparagus with steak.
  • tabicatinthehat
    tabicatinthehat Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Steak.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,933 Member
    Options
    Roasted asparagus. YUM!

I'd top it with some crab meat and Hollandaise and make it steak oscar!
    Me too!
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    Options
    kale, sauteed with a little garlic and a drizzle of balsamic...a glass of decent Cabernet couldn't hurt if you were into that kind of thing...

Seriously? I thought that was just for a plate garnish.

Baked potato with butter, Asparagus sauteed in a little olive oil, and a nice Malbec
  • MisterZ33
    MisterZ33 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    whatever you do, chase it down with some port.
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    Asparagus, roasted in olive oil with garlic and fresh finely grated garlic (yes, grated). Then sprinkle some parmesan on top of them when plated. I do this at least twice a week.
  • Justcallme_J
    Justcallme_J Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite steak sides, in addition to the usual baked potato of course, is a tomato salad. It's really quick and easy and so good this time of year with tomatoes being in season. I just do large chunks of tomatoes, with thinly sliced red onions, a quick balsamic vinaigrette and let them marinate while everything else is cooking, adding feta right before serving. Sometimes I even do balsamic marinade on the steaks which gets a little sweet and is perfect with the tang of the salad.
  • dianasustaita37
    dianasustaita37 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    bump
  • spirit095
    spirit095 Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Sauteed mushrooms and onions :heart: . Potatoes, pasta, salad, rice, etc. You can pretty much have anything as a side.
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Get yourself a little $3 behriner food mandolin at an Asian mkt. now take 1 carrot, 1 parsnip,1 wedge of kabocha squash and 1 zucchini. Use the behriner to make about 1/4 cup of paper thin slices of each veg. julienne 2 leaves of kale. heat a couple tbsp of olive oil in a skillet and add a crushed clove of garlic cook on med high. Now add the parsnip and sautée a minute and now add the carrot and so on. Add the kale and season with salt and pepper. Sautée until the kale is bright green. The veggies cook incredibly fast because they are so thin.