what are your favorite high protein snacks?

I'm looking for some high protein, lower fat options for snacks. I love flavored almonds but the calories add up quickly as does the fat. Anyone have a high protein snack they love that won't make too much of a dent in the calorie/fat budget?

Replies

• nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,752 Member
    Grilled chicken breast. Tons of protein, very little fat. Low-fat string cheese, mini babybel light cheese. Beef/turkey jerky.
  • enzosmama
    enzosmama Posts: 134 Member
    1/2 cup of plain fat free greek yogurt with berries and 1 tbsp of chia seeds mixed in
  • kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Hardboiled eggs, cans of tuna, greek yogurt
  • Following for idea's!
  • blabrecque_xo
    blabrecque_xo Posts: 65 Member
    Greek Yogurt
  • wolfie640
    wolfie640 Posts: 49 Member
    Bulk Powders complete protein dessert , the strawberry is nice but the choc caramel is to die for!
  • 1948sixty
    1948sixty Posts: 24 Member
    Edamame. Can buy individual packets, keep in freezer and zap in microwave. I buy them in the pod, so it even takes longer to eat and seems to make more satisfying...sprinkle with just a bit of sea salt.
  • ZBuffBod
    ZBuffBod Posts: 297 Member
    bump
  • ZBuffBod
    ZBuffBod Posts: 297 Member
    Bulk Powders complete protein dessert , the strawberry is nice but the choc caramel is to die for!

Is that only sold in the UK? Was doing a search online and only seeing it on UK sites...unless I am overlooking it on other sites.
  • DBubbs
    DBubbs Posts: 38 Member
    Cottage cheese.
  • OMG Peanuts in the shell are my favorite, pistachios, any kind of nuts are good sure they add calories but I always have plenty left over from working out so I don't worry about that, you just have to make allowances for them, and as far as the fat it's what they call good fat so no worries again.
  • MaiLinna
    MaiLinna Posts: 580 Member
    Primal strips and vegan protein shakes.
  • MaureensFreshStart
    MaureensFreshStart Posts: 102 Member
    I came to the forums to ask the very same thing the other day :) - Under the "search" feature if you put in your question, you can find some great ideas from other MFP members that were wondering the same thing - it seems to be asked often! Lol
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Greek yogurt.

Boiled eggs.

Balance bars (they are with the Power Bars, etc ... I like the Balance brand because they have a nice balance of macros C/P/F is 40/30/30, so a 200 calorie bar tends to have around 15g protein. They also taste better than most bars, IMO)
  • Solar_Cat
    Solar_Cat Posts: 188 Member
    A can of no-salt-added tuna over a bed of greens, sprinkled with lemon juice and red pepper flakes. I know it sounds austere, but I like it!
  • twalker475
    twalker475 Posts: 16 Member
    Thanks for all the suggestions! I'll do a search to find other threads on this, too.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,064 Member
    Protein bars
    Canned tuna
    Greek yogurt
    Chicken
  • lafoto13
    lafoto13 Posts: 23 Member
    yes, greek yogurt with frozen wild blueberries and cinnamon is prob my fave! and this is weird but turkey + cheese rolled up and dipped in mustard. i'm vegetarian so i use light life or Yves veggie deli meats.
    also love almond milk cheese sticks with apple slices.
  • foggy73
    foggy73 Posts: 5 Member
    Eggs, greek yoghurt, cashew nuts, chicken, turkey. Is there an echo in here?.....
  • Camo_xxx
    Camo_xxx Posts: 1,082 Member
    4oz serving of chicken breast
    1oz of string cheese
    Or
    12 almonds
    Since I grill my chicken in 5lb batches and always have it ready , I usually go with the chicken because it is convient and filling.