I didn't exercise today

Hey everyone. I usually don't like exercising but I started exercising yesterday around 8pm. But oh my! I couldn't fall asleep. No because of any pain but I just couldn't. Not that exercising makes me feel good.. It doesn't. But today I haven't exercised. Is that ok? I had 900 something calories today. Does that mean I will gain weight?

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    As you put in your other post MFP recommends you eat 1200 calories a day. That is without exercise. If you only had 900, and they are recommending 1200, then you would have to have at least 300 more to follow their recommendations. Not exercising has nothing to do with it.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    You cannot gain weight on 900 calories, exercising or not.
  • rosnz
    rosnz Posts: 91 Member
    No you are doing absolutely the right thing. It would be extremely silly for you to exercise if all you have eaten today is 900 calories. You are not eating enough to keep yourself able to do your activities of everyday living let alone have any spare for exercise.
    It may be useful for you so do some reading around a healthy lifestyle, weight loss (if that is your aim) - these boards are full of wise advice.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    With only 900 calories I wouldn't think you'd have the energy to exercise. Eat something instead.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    You don't have to exercise to lose weight--all that matters is a calorie deficit. But why 900?
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Hey everyone. I usually don't like exercising but I started exercising yesterday around 8pm.

Good- Excercise is important for general welness
    But oh my! I couldn't fall asleep. No because of any pain but I just couldn't
    completely normal- gets your heart and blood pumping- many people dislike working out late for that very reason. If you find it's not condusive for work/and waking up- dont' workout so late- try to work out earlier.
    . Not that exercising makes me feel good.. It doesn't.

it does after a while- you start to feel better about yourself
    But today I haven't exercised. Is that ok?
    you don't need to work out EVERY day
    I had 900 something calories today. Does that mean I will gain weight?

no. you only gain weight if you eat at a calorie surplus- eating 900 calories a day is not a surplus. So- you're totally fine- although you should eat more.

Please remember general trend lines are more important than the day to day number itself- you need to hit your numbers on average- so if one day you're a little high- so what- maybe the next day you're a little low- but at the end of the week you want to be in a deficit still.

make sense?
  • Yes thanks so much!!! :)
  • 900 and something calories.. A little below 1,000. There's no reason for why. I just did. I didn't wanna eat anything else. I had my breakfast, lunch, and dinner and don't feel like eating anything else specially not after 6 pm
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    900 and something calories.. A little below 1,000. There's no reason for why. I just did. I didn't wanna eat anything else. I had my breakfast, lunch, and dinner and don't feel like eating anything else specially not after 6 pm

Whats wrong with eating past 6pm
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Is eating so little a regular thing?
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    900 and something calories.. A little below 1,000. There's no reason for why. I just did. I didn't wanna eat anything else. I had my breakfast, lunch, and dinner and don't feel like eating anything else specially not after 6 pm

Maybe she turns into a Gremlin?
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member

Doesn't set well.

Can't sleep.

Heartburn.

Medication.

Easier to poop before work if you don't eat late and have Frosted Flakes first thing (heard it, I swear.)

Belief that you'll lose more eating earlier.

There are many reasons people don't eat at night.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    You're gonna die, sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Jesus doesn't want you to starve yourself.
  • FoxyLifter
    FoxyLifter Posts: 965 Member

Doesn't set well.

Can't sleep.

Heartburn.

Medication.

Easier to poop before work if you don't eat late and have Frosted Flakes first thing (heard it, I swear.)

Meal timing will not directly impact weight loss; it's personal preference.
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    God damnit, eat people, eat!!!
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    See this thread

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1416864-1200-calories

OH, that's YOUR thread

:noway:
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member

Doesn't set well.

Can't sleep.

Heartburn.

Medication.

While the first four are all valid reasons, the final one is the one most people use to justify not eating after a certain time. That or it will all turn to fat. Truth is, meal timing is irrelevant.
  • Daiako
    Daiako Posts: 12,545 Member
    Hey everyone. I usually don't like exercising but I started exercising yesterday around 8pm. But oh my! I couldn't fall asleep. No because of any pain but I just couldn't. Not that exercising makes me feel good.. It doesn't. But today I haven't exercised. Is that ok? I had 900 something calories today. Does that mean I will gain weight?

I'm hardpressed to imagine anyone gaining weight on 900 calories