Honestly, is 5'4 considered short on a girl?

Options
bluecat145
bluecat145 Posts: 144 Member
I'm sorry if this is the wrong category. I didn't know where else to put it considering that it's not really weight related.
I'm 5'4. I'm not worried, self conscious, or embarrassed about it. I'm fine with it and my height's out of my control anyway.
I was just curious of you would consider it short. I don't want any sugar coating. I just want your personal opinion.

Replies

• erbell3
    erbell3 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4, I think it's typically considered average, but my hubby (6'3) still thinks it's fun to call me a hobbit, or occasionally an oompa loompa...;)
  • alice_schmalice
    alice_schmalice Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    From the 5'2" world here, I would say no. If I had 2 more inches on me, my life would not involve so much discomfort from climbing to reach things or sitting in chairs where your legs don't reach the ground. I'd love to be 5'4".
  • caracrawford1
    caracrawford1 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    5'4 is considered average height for a US female. I am 5'2. You are not short.
  • glasshalffull713
    glasshalffull713 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure it's the average.

5'4" women rock! *high five*
  • Phoenix__Rising
    Phoenix__Rising Posts: 9,981 Member
    Options
    Possibly avg or just under avg.
  • RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4, I think it's typically considered average, but my hubby (6'3) still thinks it's fun to call me a hobbit, or occasionally an oompa loompa...;)

Too funny! I'm 5'1" and dh is 6'3" - he complains when he gets in to drive my car that it feels like the lawn gnomes have been driving.

And, no, 5'4" is not short - I'd love to be that tall!
  • focusedonfitness2015
    focusedonfitness2015 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    5'4" is short in my house considering everyone is taller than me except for the 6 year old...and she's getting there. I wear heels to work most days so everyone thinks I'm tall. 5'4" is average for women and I'm not a bit ashamed of my height
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,871 Member
    Options
    5'4 is perfect on you. I am 5'5" and that is perfect for me. Worrying about things that you can't change is a waste of time and emotion that could be better spent on things you can change.
  • MommaSue1973
    Options
    I am 5'1" and I say I am not short I am fun size. I would love to be a little taller. It is so hard to find pants that fit right even the petites are to long. And I can never reach anything. And no chair is made for short people. But on the bright side I never have to duck my head. So I would say you are average.
  • SheGlows
    SheGlows Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 and most people tell me I'm on the shorter side.. Lolwut.
  • athleteguy777
    Options
    I want one...
  • LadyRN76
    LadyRN76 Posts: 4,275 Member
    Options
    I am 5'1" and I say I am not short I am fun size. I would love to be a little taller. It is so hard to find pants that fit right even the petites are to long. And I can never reach anything. And no chair is made for short people. But on the bright side I never have to duck my head. So I would say you are average.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    I can't stand when I sit in a booth or chair and my feet swing. :noway:
  • Sbrn_
    Sbrn_ Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    It depends on where you're from. I'm 5'2 and 1/2 and I'm pretty much average, or at least I feel average. 5'4 sounds about medium too tall.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 too, and I think we're considered "average" though right on the cusp of short. I usually need to have my pants taken up, which would indiacte that fashion thinks I'm either short, or not tall enough for my weight at least!
  • lizzybathory
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and I feel 100% average, height-wise. I think women our height could be picked on for being short by very tall people, and we'll never actually be called *tall*, but in the grand scheme of things we're as average as it gets.
  • essjay76
    essjay76 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    LOL. Ummmm. I'm a 38 year old 4'10" woman. :smile: I think you're tall.
  • lizzybathory
    Options
    I'm 5'4 too, and I think we're considered "average" though right on the cusp of short. I usually need to have my pants taken up, which would indiacte that fashion thinks I'm either short, or not tall enough for my weight at least!

Either that, or they plan on making pants just a little bit longer than the average person even needs them, because it's easier to have some length taken off than to have more fabric put on.
  • starrylioness
    starrylioness Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 and most people tell me I'm on the shorter side.. Lolwut.

Same. I'm 5'10 and in my family, I'm considered short LOL
  • Oi_Sunshine
    Oi_Sunshine Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    My kitchen makes me feel short at 5'3". :grumble: Other than that aggravation I don't really think about it. Not something I can change anyway and I've never wanted to.