How to get MORE protein

Options
2»

Replies

• itsfatum
    itsfatum Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Chicken, turkey, skim milk, whey protein, vital wheat gluten
    Those are my main sources. I easily get 140g per day, without much trouble.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    ok, so I know there probably has been ALOT of post about this but I am newer to MFP and would like so help. Im finding it very hard to get enough protein into my diet and I think if I could get more, I would be losing more weight. So my question is, how do you get your daily amount of protein? I'm a very picky eater so I dont like things like yogurt,cottage cheese,beans,avacodos. Which I know is protein snacks and foods. So I need so other ways to get my protein. I know the common things like chicken,fish, nuts. And I eat those but I still dont get enough protein. Please help!!! thanks

Chicken
    Steak
    Turkey
    Ground beef
    Ground turkey
    Pork
    Salmon
    Tilapia
    Swordfish
    Haddock
    Shrimp
    Tuna
    Beef jerky
    Eggs
    Protein bars
    Protein shakes
    Broccoli
    Spinach
    Nuts (pistachios, almonds, cashews, walnuts, pecans)
    Seeds (pumpkin, sunflower)
  • splashtree2
    Options
    ok, so I know there probably has been ALOT of post about this but I am newer to MFP and would like so help. Im finding it very hard to get enough protein into my diet and I think if I could get more, I would be losing more weight. So my question is, how do you get your daily amount of protein? I'm a very picky eater so I dont like things like yogurt,cottage cheese,beans,avacodos. Which I know is protein snacks and foods. So I need so other ways to get my protein. I know the common things like chicken,fish, nuts. And I eat those but I still dont get enough protein. Please help!!! thanks

If you don't exercise is useless to get so much proteins, is 1,5 gr per kg of lean muscles and protein shake are ok cause not high in calories and white eggs no cheese np diary at all
  • Oi_Sunshine
    Oi_Sunshine Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Nice suggestions already, and I will add cottage cheese and greek yogurt. Just be careful you dont buy ones packed woth corn starch and other thickeners.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Muscle milk (chocolate), laughs ok the flavor doesn't matter, but it's yummy!
  • AllieLosingIt
    AllieLosingIt Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I'm a really picky eater, too, so I've been upping my portions of things like chicken and egg whites while also trying to experiment with other protein-packed foods.

I've found that I hate cottage cheese so much, but that when I add it to egg whites it makes cheesy scrambled eggs that taste nothing like cottage cheese. Same goes for things like yogurt. I really don't like to just eat it individually, so I dump some oats and fruit on top, mix and now it's like a creamier oatmeal.

You might just have to branch out a bit, try some new things. Good luck!
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    Maybe I'm being dense, or perhaps you covered and I missed it, but...

If you know of protein-dense foods that you'll eat, why not eat more of them, perhaps just with different preparations?

No, you are not being dense. You are being logical and applying common sense. Congrats on your rare achievement.