After dinner Snacks

Options
2»

Replies

• Poods71
    Poods71 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    It is 160 cals for a hot chocolate but I just use two tsps of hot choc and that halves the cals and it is more than chocolaty enough. Pom-Bear crisps are great too you get loads and it's only 99 cals. Also love mini mix ice lollies from Aldi only 62 cals or if you have the chocolate ones they are 127.
  • skybluesounds
    Options
    nonfat yogurt, larabars, 100 cal kettle corn, green tea, string cheese, those are a few. I also have swiss hot chocolate packets that i drink sometimes. Also if i have some extra calories i'll make a healthy skillet pizza, which comes in at 300 cals. All you do is toast one whole grain tortilla on medium heat and then flip, top with 1/4 cup mozarella cheese (reduced fat), spread two tbs of marinera sauce, put another 1/4 cup mozarella cheese and reduce to low, top with some fresh basil, cover until melted. YUM!!
  • omanitshann
    omanitshann Posts: 179
    Options
    I always want something sweet after dinner. If you want something somewhat healthy to satisfy your sweet tooth, these are some options that i like : plain greek yogurt w/ honey, almonds, and cacao nibs
    -almond butter on a banana or graham crackers
    - and figs are also really good.

A good, less healthy, but not crazy is calories thing to have is dark chocolate dove ice cream bars <3 yumm
  • Jennilynncoco
    Options
    i just came up with this last night to try, but i make a protein shake as my after dinner snack its sweet and it filled me up and kept me from snacking in the middle of the night any one else ever try this
  • SkylinkFitness
    Options
    Definitely agree with Jennilynncoco! Has anyone heard of Shakeology? I have one shake for breakfast after my workouts in the morning and then typically, after dinner if I'm still hungry, I'll have another shake before I go to sleep... I find it's really helped curb my sweet cravings and it's actually helped me lose some weight as well! :)
  • Marcy31
    Marcy31 Posts: 53
    Options
    Bump
  • lnettles87
    lnettles87 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    bump
  • dynamicwon
    dynamicwon Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    egg white omelet (each egg white is only 17 calories) with salsa
  • umer76
    umer76 Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    Thanks for everyone's advice. I have found few interesting items to reduce the after dinner snacks calories
  • kendraquann123
    kendraquann123 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    quick question: im starting my weight loss journey on monday as i start school, and i was wondering if this app really helps alot? and i was also wondering what a good calorie goal would be? i have mine set for 1,550. i want to loose 110 pounds
  • luvtrails
    luvtrails Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    boogers...yummy, low on calories, but high in sodium
  • mxmkenney
    mxmkenney Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I'm am after dinner 'sweets' person, so when I am low on calories I generally go for sugar free jello or pudding with light whipped cream. One snack is under 75 calories with the whipped cream, so you could have two!! :)

I also love Ghiradelli dark chocolate squares. 60 calories each plus you'll be getting some good antioxidants too. I like the individually wrapped ones because I don't have the willpower to break off a piece of a full size bar. Once it's opened, it's gone!

Skinny Cow treats are all 150 calories or less. Or try some Greek yogurt with fresh fruit, a bowl of cereal with nonfat milk, a protein shake or a protein bar. You really have tons of delicious options available for 150 calories or less... the trouble is sticking to ONE snack.:laugh:

Better yet, if you know you are an after dinner snacker, then why not save extra calories so you can have a little more than 150? Honestly, that is what I normally do. I try to save about 300 calories since I know around 8pm I'm gonna want a snack (or three). As long as it fit within your daily calorie allowance, it doesn't matter when you eat it. It's all about budgeting your calories.
  • SamanthaKersul
    SamanthaKersul Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My new favorite breakfast would work well for an evening snack -- Apple slices and Fage 0% Greek yogurt. It's delicious. You get a creamy element along with the crunch from the apples. The yogurt is 100 calories and the apple slices vary depending on type of apple and quality, It's filling too.
  • onefortyone
    onefortyone Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Air popped popcorn with 0 cal spray oil (butter flavoured) and ranch seasoning is my favourite after-supper snack right now. Pudding if I have a sweet tooth, or a minty smoothie (banana, spinach, milk, couple of drops of peppermint extract, and sweetened to taste).

Hubby loves salads in the evening - they're crunchy, calorie-controlled, and he loves adding ham and his fave dressing if he has the calories left.
  • cecesquats
    cecesquats Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    i just had a fajita that came in at only 175 calories (tortilla - 60 cals., chicken - 100 cals., fat-free sour cream - 15 cals., taco sauce - 0 calls.). it was very filling for only 175 calories. paired with seasoned cauliflower rice it would make a great low calorie meal :)
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    Weight Watchers has an fudge ice cream bar thats 100 calories. Popcorn bags that are 100 cals. Fiber One Brownie is 90 cals. Almonds, peanuts, I like this product called Bark Thins, it's dark chocolate with either pretzel pieces, almond pieces, or peppermint pieces in it. 1.4 oz of the pretzel one is 200 cals, 1.4 oz of the almond one is 220 oz. (not sure of the peppermint one, it was good, but the mint kept getting stuck in my teeth). Skinny cow, popsicles, Starburst has a sorbet bar thats either 70 or 90 cals. Coconut milk ice cream, So Delicious is the brand, I think the serving is 150 cals. 1 serving of bbq kettle chips is 150 cals.
  • milocamolly
    milocamolly Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Coconut water
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    Couple ounces of turkey and a couple dried apricots

celery and peanut butter

small apple and a string cheese

2 or 3 tbs of popcorn (just air pop in a sealed brown lunch bag in microwave for a few minutes)

cucumber slices topped with a little turkey and cheese

raw veggies and a little hummus, bean dip, guacamole or salsa

yogurt

hardboiled egg and sliced tomato

banana, a few strawberries, 1/2 cup milk, dash vanilla, 2 cups ice...blend and drink or let it set up for about a 1/2 hour in the freezer for a slushie

a hot drink (decaf tea or coffee, herbal tea, etc)

roasted okra, toss a frozen bag of okra with a little EVOO and salt on a baking sheet and bake at 400 degrees for a out 20 minutes till crispy (but not burned)

imagejpg1_zps34d71258.jpg
  • stuffinmuffin
    stuffinmuffin Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    Greek yoghurt....with any of the following:

Fruit
    syrup/honey/jam
    Marshamallows
    jelly
    meringues
    Protein powder and/or cocoa powder mixed in
    Granola

I use whatever of the above I have in the cupboard and it's generally under 200 calories however I wish to design it. The 0% Fage greek yoghurt I use is also high in protein and 57 calories per 100grams so you get a lot for your calories.
  • mishmushroom
    Options
    Haha everyone just loves greek yogurt it seems! Pretty understandable though- I mean it has a great protein to calorie ratio and goes well with just about any fruit or berry <3

If you're looking for something savory air popped popcorn is good; you just need a paper bag and a microwave! I like mine with garlic powder and cayenne with a pinch of pepper~