whats the best heart rate monitor ?

Options
what the best heart rate monitor i want it for counting calories so the more accurate the better,and some other good accessory 2 help me out. there so many different brands i don't have a clue anyone tried any and are really good and help you out it would be good to get one that links up to an app or website and give me feedback.

Replies

• SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options
    There is no "best," it all depends on what you want. Monitors with chest straps are more accurate than those that go around the wrist or arm, or use a finger.

The biggest decision is whether you want one that comes with a watch, or one that syncs with an app on your phone.

I take my phone when I'm at the gym or running, for the mp3s and the Netflix, so I opted for a strap that syncs with my phone. This way, I don't have to constantly look at my wrist to know what's going on, and the HRM app tells me whenever I change HR zones right in my earbuds, so I don't have to look at the phone either.

If you decide to go with the phone sync, make sure you know the ways that your phone connects...whether it uses Bluetooth, Bluetooth Smart, or ANT technology, and buy a strap accordingly. You can find good ones from Polar, Garmin and Zephyr.

If you decide to go for the watch, do you also want GPS? If so, Garmin is the big thing. If not, Polar is popular and reasonably priced.
  • kayla2sxc4u
    Options
    i brought a fitbit flex keen to use it
  • ColePens
    ColePens Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    What did you buy? I think I would want that. Something that syncs to my phone so I don't have to worry about it. I also don't mind a chest strap. I've used it before.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    what the best heart rate monitor i want it for counting calories so the more accurate the better...

HRMs don't count calories. They count heart beats, and then guess (often poorly) at calories.
  • cmbauer99
    cmbauer99 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar H7 Bluetooth HRM and it attaches to my phone an shows my Heart Rate and calories burn during runs and HIIT

Got it at Best Buy for $50
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    i brought a fitbit flex keen to use it

A fitbit is not a HRM.
  • mrastaffordML
    Options
    I love my Polar Ft4. It was inexpensive, simple and I find it accurate.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    stethoscope.gif
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    I'm currently using the Polar FT60 and like it a lot. It's definitely not the best one but I got it at a good price and so far has been very accurate from what I can tell.
  • SameMe_JustLess
    SameMe_JustLess Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I have a Garmin Forerunner 220 with the chest strap. GPS on when I walk, run, or hike and then I turn the GPS off at the gym. I had a Polar that I liked, but sold it on eBay when I decided to get a Garmin.

Best advise I got was: only pay for what you'll use. Don't pay for a lot of bells and whistles if you only want to know your estimate of calories burned.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    stethoscope.gif

abacus-man.jpg