Is this classed as intermittent fasting?

Options
If I have breakfast it's like the hunger flood gates open and once I have eaten that is all I want to do all day!

I don't often wake up hungry it's more eating cos I think I should, but if I don't have breakfast and wait until I feel hungry , which is normally 12-1pm I eat a bit more normally and don't feel the need to eat all day

Is this ok?
Does anyone else feel like this?

Replies

• Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    If it's okay with you, that's all that matters!

If you'll be happier waiting until noon, do that!

There is a poster here who appears to be on a campaign to eliminate breakfast from the planet. He never says why, but he's seriously anti-breakfast. He's posted many things about how breakfast isn't necessary. If you search it, you may see! :)
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    That is totally fine. If delaying breaking your fast after sleeping until lunchtime (or even later) allows you to adhere to your caloric intake better, then go for it!

It's pretty common for people to feel hungrier on average if they eat breakfast compared to if they do not. It works the other way round with some also .It is very individual but you should look to your total calories/macros over the course of a day.
  • IHateThinkingOfAUsername
    Options
    :) There is no rule that says you must eat breakfast. I do - but I do it because I do wake up hungry. In fact I go to sleep thinking about breakfast lol. It doesn't stop me or make me eat more or less. It just works.... for me. If it doesn't work for you - don't have it. :)
  • wendy0210
    wendy0210 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I believe that's classified as intermittent fasting, yes. Lots of people on here don't eat until lunch or don't eat right away. Since I usually go to bed late, I often eat a later dinner and eat a small-ish breakfast when I get to work, which is usually 3-4 hours after I wake up, depending on workout and things. On the breakfast front, I eat if I'm hungry; some days I skip it and I do notice that I'm not as hungry as often throughout the day. However, for me, I often find myself much hungrier a day or two later. If you don't experience rebound hunger, there's nothing wrong with waiting until 12-1 to eat. Good luck to you!
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    Yes, if you are going at least 12 hrs between the previous meal. 14-16 might be better. I too am one of those people that eating early breakfast makes me more hungry.
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    I don't eat breakfast unless I wake up really hungry which is seldom. I eat lunch then dinner. No snack in between except on Tuesday and Thursday when I might have a protein bar between afternoon and evening classes because dinner won't be until 9:00pm or later.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    No breakfast for me either. It feels wrong and certainly worse to force myself to eat breakfast.
    Time your meals in a way that works for you.
  • Return_of_the_Big_Mac
    Options
    Switch meals for snacks if it helps. Make sure those snacks add up to your calorie total and give you the required macros.
  • iamuniqueiam
    iamuniqueiam Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way. I never eat before noon, sometimes as late as 1:30. I'm not consciously "fasting", I'm just not hungry between 9pm and noon. I get most of my workout routine done during the morning period where I haven't eaten. Once I've eaten, I feel nauseous if I try and do any strenuous activity. It's obviously working well for me.