Good tasting high fiber cereal?

Options
2»

Replies

• neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,920 Member
    Options
    Bran buds or oatmeal if and when I do consume cereals, with lots of fruit and some heavy cream.
  • gingerk62
    gingerk62 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Kashi Go Lean Crisp(9 gm Fiber, 180 cal) is good as a crunchy snack and Fiber One Protein (5gm Fiber, 220 cal). I have diverticulitis and need 30-35 gms of fiber a day. Shredded Wheat with Wheat Bran is high in fiber but tastes like cardboard to me. Equate Fiber Tabs, sugar free are 15 cal and 4 gms. You will be hard pressed to get enough fiber without using a supplement, imho
  • superreal40
    superreal40 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I love Uncle Sam Cereal. The original.
  • littlejane91
    Options
    I haven't found any nice high fiber cereals where I am so I add psyllium husk or flaxmeal to my smoothies - it makes them nice and thick and doesn't affect the taste at all! Also - Quest Bars :tongue:
  • carolbrady1
    carolbrady1 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Alpen with no added sugar, topped with omega seed mix and some fresh fruit (preferably berries) and Apro (naturally) sweetened soya milk.
  • girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    I like heritage flakes and heritage 0's with the ancient grains.
  • annietud
    annietud Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Ooo, fibre 1. Its my favourite, I could eat it like popcorn.
    Its not on sale in the UK anymore????
  • glassgallm
    glassgallm Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Homemade granola: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/recipe/edit/51191696 About 227 calories/1/3 cup serving. Keeps you full all morning.
  • alexanderzlenz
    Options
    Trader Joe's High Fiber Fruit & Nut Multigrain.

A serving is 2/3 cup and 90 calories, I add either sliced banana or 1/2 cup of blueberries to it with 1/2 cup of skim milk.

Breakfast high in fiber and under 200 calories, leaves me full and feeling good until snack time.
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,659 Member
    Options
    I just finished off a box of Cascadian Farms raisin bran. It's much crisper than other brands.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Kashi Go Lean Original.....I add it to yogurt & berries. Yum.

Be careful of flavored Fiber One cereal & bars.....they may contain chicory root (aka/inulin). Some people have a bad reaction (I'm one). Google chicory root....threw away my remaining Fiber One bars. Even Kashi bars have chicory. Some people can handle it, just test the waters gradually.
  • bohemian124
    bohemian124 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I really like Barbara's Morning Oat Crunch. I think they also have a high fiber cereal. They taste good, have a decent amount of protein for cereal, and don't have a lot of sugar or weird ingredients.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    the smaller deglet noir dates have just 23 calories each and the larger medjool dates have like 70 - but i was referring to the reglet noir ones :)
    as far as making you fat- try a youtube search of freelee the banana girl datorade recipe and see how fat she is from all the dates she eats ;P

Did you mean to post that in the Freelee the banana girl rant thread? Apparently she exercises a LOT, so she's able to EAT a lot. I don't know where the "as far as making you fat" comment is coming from.
  • iceey
    iceey Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Do you have Nature's Path where you live? They are all over 6gms of fiber and often 8gms. And taste great. I love the coconut granola.
  • nam985
    nam985 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I love good old fashioned All Bran or Bran Flakes, always have, always will. I have never understood why these cereals are so hated, I think they are super tasty!
  • lemon629
    lemon629 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I like Fiber One Original and Fiber One Honey Nut Clusters, but I just eat them dry as snacks.
    The original took me a while to get used to. I don't know if I'd like it with milk.
    I think the honey nut clusters would be good with milk, though. It's very crunchy.
  • StrawberryJam40
    StrawberryJam40 Posts: 274 Member
    Options

grape nuts (which i also love, but its not everyones cup of tea)

Love Grape Nuts...haven't had any in a long time. I like to add the milk and put them back in the fridge and get soft and cold. And if I'm having them as a snack I sometimes throw in a tablespoon of chocolate chips. Yummy.