What's the first song on your Weight Training Playlist?

Options

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I'm hooked on bring me the horizon for some odd reason. I usually don't like emp type rock. I've been raping the repeat button on "sleepwalking" and " can you feel my heart"

I fell so bad for that repeat button. Can you just set your player to "repeat" ? :smile:

I can't on mine- just the whole playlist- wildly annoying.

fur realz.

as a dancer I either have to stack the song in the song in there 5-10 times OR just walk over between time to reset- which sucks if the piece starts withing seconds of hitting the button.

Repeat buttons FTW.
  • MsSashaFire
    Options
    Rihanna: Only Girl in the World
  • DjinnMarie
    DjinnMarie Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Feel so numb....
    My workout playlist is nothing but Rob Zombie, Marilyn Manson, and Korn. Foxy Foxy by Rob Zombie is the very first song listed, but I usually just hit shuffle.

Ahh...zombie!!! Here are my favs:

White Zombie - Real Solution #9
    White Zombie - More Human than Human
    White Zombie - Blur The Technicolor
  • logg1e
    logg1e Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Dang I messed that up and the EMO typo, because EMP is related to a type of rock I guess and I was just focused on the "raping" part. hahahaha that was awesome. I love raping the repeat button, but I feel bad for the other songs sometimes.

Those of you using the word rape casually as a metaphor, I'd be interested to know why you feel comfortable doing so.

I was wondering why you might and had a quick Google, and found a write-up of a report from earlier this year on it's use on Twitter. It's taken from the Telegraph (not my usual choice of newspaper!) in an article by Jamie Bartlett,

"...it’s surprising how often the word rape is used metaphor to describe all manner of things: passing a test, a sporting conquest, a joke punch-line. This isn't really a question for the police – it shouldn't be illegal – but for all of us. Words matter, because they often reflect and affect our perceptions. The slow and steady dehumanisation of other people in society... often begins with normalising epithets about them. If rape becomes just another verb to be cast around in everyday language, the danger is that it sanitise the concept and blunts the uniqueness of the crime it describes."
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    Options
    The Proclaimers.
    I will walk one hundred miles.
  • ddb121162
    Options
    life is a highway....tom cochrane
  • edgar35
    edgar35 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Til I collapse-eminem

Hell yes to this!
    I don't have a one song playlist but I do have a song I play when I'm nearing my run (to sprint fast and finish strong)

e.s. posthumus - menouthis , this song makes you feel like a primal beast in the jungle haha!
  • SteveJWatson
    SteveJWatson Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    "War Nerve" - Pantera

Especially on deadlift day.
  • joe_piercey
    Options
    I usually listen to whatever is on the cr@ppy radio at my gym, but I have found Iron Man to be useful for heavier lifts while I'm home :)
  • dlr165
    dlr165 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Lift Me Up by Five Finger Death Punch!!!! My favorite song!
  • strobehouse
    Options
    Dang I messed that up and the EMO typo, because EMP is related to a type of rock I guess and I was just focused on the "raping" part. hahahaha that was awesome. I love raping the repeat button, but I feel bad for the other songs sometimes.

Those of you using the word rape casually as a metaphor, I'd be interested to know why you feel comfortable doing so.

I was wondering why you might and had a quick Google, and found a write-up of a report from earlier this year on it's use on Twitter. It's taken from the Telegraph (not my usual choice of newspaper!) in an article by Jamie Bartlett,

"...it’s surprising how often the word rape is used metaphor to describe all manner of things: passing a test, a sporting conquest, a joke punch-line. This isn't really a question for the police – it shouldn't be illegal – but for all of us. Words matter, because they often reflect and affect our perceptions. The slow and steady dehumanisation of other people in society... often begins with normalising epithets about them. If rape becomes just another verb to be cast around in everyday language, the danger is that it sanitise the concept and blunts the uniqueness of the crime it describes."

For what it is worth I agree with you. But it is the internet so you're never going to have a reasonable discussion on it.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    "Dance with Who Brung You" by Asleep at the Wheel Nothing like a Texas Two Step to set the perfect walking pace.
  • mcpostelle
    mcpostelle Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Til I collapse-eminem

^ This! Or 3 AM - Eminem. But, currently I'm really digging Take Out the Gunman - Chevelle. :glasses:
  • mcpostelle
    mcpostelle Posts: 418 Member
    Options

For what it is worth I agree with you. But it is the internet so you're never going to have a reasonable discussion on it.

I just had a conversation about this with someone. It does dehumanize out society, but do we even really have any humanity left? I have no faith in society. Individuals, maybe, but people as a whole, no way :noway:. That may be cynical and however ideally it is; yes, I wish people would take more account of their words. If we expressed ourselves more concisely with more consciousness of our impact on the world around us... there might be a hope for us yet. :smile:
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    I have an Amazon Prime account and happened across a playlist I really enjoy using. It's 20 songs (hour and 15 minutes), which works out pretty well for my routine, though I like some songs more than others, and am more likely to hit the repeat button on them and listen to them more than once. The list I use is named "Windows Down Rock" (they have a "Hard Rock, Hard Body" playlist, too, but I'm not as keen on the songs on that one).

My favorites from it:

Halestorm - Love Bites (So Do I)
    Shinedown - Sound of Madness
    Linkin Park - Bleed It Out

Bleed It Out tends to be my "get pumped" song that I'm most likely to repeat while getting ready/warmed up, while Love Bites is one I'm most likely to repeat while actively lifting, and Sound of Madness is generally repeated toward the beginning or end (this all includes warm-up, post-shower, changing, etc).
  • strobehouse
    Options
    Til I collapse-eminem

^ This! Or 3 AM - Eminem. But, currently I'm really digging Take Out the Gunman - Chevelle. :glasses:

Rabbit Run is a good option. Strong build-up. Works for when I am hitting a heavy squat set.
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    I stand alone......GODSMACK
  • strobehouse
    Options
    I just had a conversation about this with someone. It does dehumanize out society, but do we even really have any humanity left? I have no faith in society. Individuals, maybe, but people as a whole, no way :noway:. That may be cynical and however ideally it is; yes, I wish people would take more account of their words. If we expressed ourselves more concisely with more consciousness of our impact on the world around us... there might be a hope for us yet. :smile:

I agree. There are plenty of individual people that I think are genuinely good people. People in groups are stupid. But also, people on the internet seem to have a tendency choose their words carelessly or be outright offensive because for some reason they have a right to offend people.

"It's not my problem, they shouldn't have got their feelings hurt."
  • catneon
    catneon Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    Rob Bailey and The Hustle Standard-Beast
  • rodduz
    rodduz Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Eat, Sleep, Rave, Repeat!