What's the first song on your Weight Training Playlist?

Replies

• auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    I just had a conversation about this with someone. It does dehumanize out society, but do we even really have any humanity left? I have no faith in society. Individuals, maybe, but people as a whole, no way :noway:. That may be cynical and however ideally it is; yes, I wish people would take more account of their words. If we expressed ourselves more concisely with more consciousness of our impact on the world around us... there might be a hope for us yet. :smile:

I agree. There are plenty of individual people that I think are genuinely good people. People in groups are stupid. But also, people on the internet seem to have a tendency choose their words carelessly or be outright offensive because for some reason they have a right to offend people.

"It's not my problem, they shouldn't have got their feelings hurt."
    Completely agree.

And my song on repeat is lift me up by Moby.
  • Eat, Sleep, Rave, Repeat!

My go to curl song at the moment.
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    AC/DC "Back in Black"
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    I listen to a couple things before the workout (one of which is almost always Warriors of the World United by Manowar), but nothing actually DURING the workout. I find it's a lot harder to keep form or feel my muscles working properly when I have music on.
  • greenstar25
    greenstar25 Posts: 45 Member
    Here's the ultimate "weight lifter" song for you : "Time to Win" by Down with Webster. If you like this song, then also check out "Whoa is me", "Go Time", "Staring at the Sun", and "White Flags" from same band. Enjoy ;-)
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Taking care of business by BTO
  • tamelakaye79
    tamelakaye79 Posts: 70 Member
    Nothing I Can't Do by Tedashii

Love this song- and Dum Dum Lecrae and Tedashi
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    I just had a conversation about this with someone. It does dehumanize out society, but do we even really have any humanity left? I have no faith in society. Individuals, maybe, but people as a whole, no way :noway:. That may be cynical and however ideally it is; yes, I wish people would take more account of their words. If we expressed ourselves more concisely with more consciousness of our impact on the world around us... there might be a hope for us yet. :smile:

I agree. There are plenty of individual people that I think are genuinely good people. People in groups are stupid. But also, people on the internet seem to have a tendency choose their words carelessly or be outright offensive because for some reason they have a right to offend people.

can just end with NMP.

I can't control or expect to control someone's feelings- and they have a right to their feelings. But their feelings don't get to dictate to me how I behave.

I feel like we've moved the OPPOSITE way in society- we are completely over sensitive and we allow other people to determine our actions and behaviors. But I think I would have done well as a man in Sparta- so well... I am not probably the best PC person to deal with it.

Five Finger Death Punch- that's a winner winner.

I like it.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Alice in Chains - Them Bones. Always gets me pumped
  • logg1e
    logg1e Posts: 1,208 Member
    But I think I would have done well as a man in Sparta- so well... I am not probably the best PC person to deal with it.

One wonders which aspect of the famous greek pederasty appeals!
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,908 Member
    Otep - Confrontation
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Along Came a Spider - Wanderlust
  • iseelondon
    iseelondon Posts: 17 Member
    Technically it's my C25K playlist, but the first song is "So What" - Pink
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Trapt - Too Close
  • Army_Of_One
    Army_Of_One Posts: 107 Member
    The Proclaimers.
    I will walk one hundred miles.

I love that song!
  • Army_Of_One
    Army_Of_One Posts: 107 Member
    "It's A Beautiful Day" Il Volo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1_TSNxfjLI
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    But I think I would have done well as a man in Sparta- so well... I am not probably the best PC person to deal with it.

nor sure if serious or being snarky.

I love music threads because it reminds me of all the music I don't keep fresh on my list!!!
    Otep - Confrontation
    for realz!!!
    I love Apex Predator.
    Also *kitten*- In this Moment.

Big fan
  • sammniamii
    sammniamii Posts: 669 Member
    depends - i have 4 playlists, plus it depends if I'm doing cardio as a warmup first

PL1 - Hollywood Undead - Leviate (10 min in which would be true WL) Five Finger Death Punch, 100 ways to Die
    PL 2 - Daft Punk - Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger (10 min in) Hollywood Undead - Medicine
    PL 3 - Megadeath - A TOUT LE MONDE (10 min in) Slipknot - Snuff
    PL 4 - Family Force 5 - Zombie (10 min in) Hollywood Undead - Everywhere I Go
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member

can just end with NMP.

I can't control or expect to control someone's feelings- and they have a right to their feelings. But their feelings don't get to dictate to me how I behave.

I feel like we've moved the OPPOSITE way in society- we are completely over sensitive and we allow other people to determine our actions and behaviors. But I think I would have done well as a man in Sparta- so well... I am not probably the best PC person to deal with it.

Five Finger Death Punch- that's a winner winner.

I like it.

While I agree that going out of one's way to try to avoid hurting someone's feelings or offending someone is a Sisyphean endeavor, I disagree that avoiding the casual use of the word "rape" being something that requires going out of the way to do. Unfortunately, rape and rape threats are a very real thing for a lot of women (particularly public women in male-dominated industries), and it tends to keep the term diluted when it's used so casually. This ends up perpetuating its use in general and makes it harder for women to get the respect that they've otherwise earned and deserve (both in general and in cases where they've actually been raped or threatened with rape). And no, this isn't just something that goes on in some backwater part of Africa. I know a number of Western/First World women who deal with such realities on a daily basis, for no other reason than that they're female public figures in male-dominated industries.

The subject as a whole is more complicated than this and we could go back and forth for decades, but I hope this explains the gist of it.

Thoughtlessly using words that are clearly and pretty objectively incendiary is kind of like thoughtlessly eating junk food, I think -- that thoughtlessness is doing harm in the long run (in the case of food, making you gain weight, putting you at risk for weight-related disorders, etc, because you're not realizing just how much you're eating), even if you don't see it right now, but all it takes is a little mindfulness and you can turn that around, at least for yourself (and in the case of the use or disuse of incendiary words, those you interact with).
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,908 Member

nor sure if serious or being snarky.

I love music threads because it reminds me of all the music I don't keep fresh on my list!!!
    Otep - Confrontation
    for realz!!!
    I love Apex Predator.
    Also *kitten*- In this Moment.

Big fan

Huge In This Moment fan here. My fave on my workout playlist is Gunshow.