How to stop late night snacking

Options
I need suggestions. I have a bad habit of eating a snack right before bedtime. Nothing terribly unhealthy - kaishi cereal(no milk), a protein bar. But I need help breaking this habit. I am not hungry, I guess bored and a habit. Any suggestions?

Replies

• j4nash
    j4nash Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    eat less in the morning.
  • PSMTD
    PSMTD Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Try drinking flavored water. I know you said you eat because you are bored, at least you will still get the same motion but won't sabotage your calories for the day. Or just go to bed earlier.
  • 115s
    115s Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Measure yourself each time you snack and post it in the kitchen. Soon as you SEE the numbers go up, you will think twice.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    Does it put you over your calorie goal? If not, don't worry about it.
  • ThePhoenixIsRising
    ThePhoenixIsRising Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Go to sleep!
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Does it put you over your calorie goal? If not, don't worry about it.
    This. Just leave room in your daily calories at the end of the night for your snacking. The time you eat does not matter.
  • carrieliz81
    carrieliz81 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I have heard that people recommend when you get the urge to snack at night, go brush your teeth. The minty clean feeling will keep you from wanting to spoil it with food or sweet beverages. I've done this sometimes, I think it helps.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Suck on ice cubes, (puts something in your mouth).
  • CrunchyDad
    CrunchyDad Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I have heard that people recommend when you get the urge to snack at night, go brush your teeth. The minty clean feeling will keep you from wanting to spoil it with food or sweet beverages. I've done this sometimes, I think it helps.

This works for me also! Or even after dinner, if I know theres a snack in the cupboard I'll be thinking about later, I just brush em right away so all I can have until bedtime is water.
  • _Clarana_
    _Clarana_ Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Don't give yourself the mental option of even going near food.
  • love8383
    love8383 Posts: 169
    Options
    stay busy, if your distracted you won't think about food.
  • ellie0213
    ellie0213 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Is it putting you over your calories or messing with your macros? Do you think it is stalling your weight loss? Add me and we can share diaries if you think that would help.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    I need suggestions.

Go to sleep earlier.