Gained three lbs in two days?

Options
I usually weigh myself every two days, and two days ago I weighed in at 111 lbs. Today I was 114 lbs and I don't know why? I didn't go over my calorie limit in over a week; I haven't even hit my maintenance number. My period isn't regular and I'm not expecting it any time soon so I don't think it's that.. What could this be from?

Replies

• wildskies
    wildskies Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    It's most likely water weight from sodium. I had the same thing myself a few days ago. Drink tons of water to flush the sodium back out of your system and the weight should drop right back off.
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    You're bloated from your menstrual cycle, and you need to take a big poop.

Sounds gross/blunt but true.

Stop weighing every day. This is in the realm of normal fluctuation.
  • goldfinger88
    goldfinger88 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    That's really "very" normal. And if you're still menstruating, it's extremely normal. Don't be concerned. What you might do is weigh daily and at the end of the 7 days, average out and that will be your true weight. You're at a very good weight and there are many, many things that cause weight gain. It's not fat. In fact, calorie restriction can cause weight gain.
  • Rosewood2015
    Options
    If your obsessed with the scale fitness is going out the window. I wouldn't weigh in so often - we women tend to fluctuate A LOT in a week. Stay healthy, keep going and the scale will go with you. :)
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    I weigh 2 pounds more than yesterday. I didn't go over maintenance. I ate salty snacks. I go up and down 3 pounds daily, and immediately up 5 pounds when I'm having my period. No big.
  • cburke719
    Options
    Last night I was again under my calories for the day and had a great day of walking for myself. I weighed myself this morning and I'm up almost 2lbs. Do I freak, nope this is just your body working normally.

It's most likely water weight gain and most likely due to your menstrual cycle. I'm going through the big M and my body does some weird things but I don't let it get me down. You will lose weight again in a couple of days. You might only want to weigh yourself once a week if this really bothers you.

Just consider it normal.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Water retention and poop.
  • toscarthearmada
    toscarthearmada Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I see this same exact thread 100 times a day!

One pound of fat is 3500 extra calories from your diet. Have you ate 10500 extra calories in the last 3 days? Probably not.

So what is the next best explanation? Water weight.

The best advice I can give to you is to stop weighing yourself so much. If you cannot help it, go into it with an open mind. Start taking a journal of your weight and you'll quickly see the times of the month when you gain. You can also look back over your diary from the day before and see a connection in what you eat.
  • Nicola0000
    Nicola0000 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Being a woman will make your weight go up and down every single day!! I would focus more on why you feel the need to weigh yourself every few days, when you weigh so little anyway??
  • becs3578
    becs3578 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I was up 1.5 from yesterday. It happens. Sodium, water retention from exercise. I am the worse worrier about it because I weight myself every single day. Part of a new challenge I am giving myself is to only weight once a week. This starts next week. We will see how it goes.

But don't worry, it will come back off.
  • nykismile
    nykismile Posts: 198
    Options
    Okay.. I'll just weigh myself in a few more days and hope that it balances it out :/
  • freedomwriter88
    freedomwriter88 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I see this same exact thread 100 times a day!

One pound of fat is 3500 extra calories from your diet. Have you ate 10500 extra calories in the last 3 days? Probably not.

So what is the next best explanation? Water weight.

The best advice I can give to you is to stop weighing yourself so much. If you cannot help it, go into it with an open mind. Start taking a journal of your weight and you'll quickly see the times of the month when you gain. You can also look back over your diary from the day before and see a connection in what you eat.

This.