used up my protein.. vegan dinner suggestions?

Options
Metamorphosis4Me
Metamorphosis4Me Posts: 327 Member
Got busy on my protein intake from early this morning so i am in need of a yummie vegan dinner recipe... any suggestions?

Replies

• pocketmole
    pocketmole Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    are you asking for a recipe that is low in protein because you already ate your fill this morning? just trying to get some clarification
  • willrun4bagels
    willrun4bagels Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    You can absolutely eat more protein. MFP's guideline for protein is very low to begin with.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    No such thing as consuming all a protein allotment unless you've eaten 200g of protein or something. MFP's goal is extremely low to begin with, and more protein is typically a good thing when trying to lose weight.
  • aledba
    aledba Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Not including protein in a meal doesn't make it vegan.
    If you go over your protein, I have to wonder how you did it without maxing out cals.
    Pasta often has a lot protein. Review your macros and ya, don't just go with what MFP says.
    We aren't all the same...
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Yes yes.. I have consumed all of my protein allotment for the day. Need something yummie of the vegan variety to meet my 366 calories left for dinner. Maybe something of the pasta variety.. stir fry..
    Don't fret it. The default settings are pretty low for protein. Many folks go in an manually change them.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    If you're lifting weights you need to consume a lot more protein than MFP allots by default, which is ridiculously low IMHO. I reguarly eat 90 grams of protein per day, and try to eat more on the days that I lift.
  • MrGonzo05
    MrGonzo05 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Yes yes.. I have consumed all of my protein allotment for the day. Need something yummie of the vegan variety to meet my 366 calories left for dinner. Maybe something of the pasta variety.. stir fry..

Protein does not work that way.
  • spirit095
    spirit095 Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    You can definitely eat more than your protein goal MFP suggests for you :)
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Don't fret it. The default settings are pretty low for protein. Many folks go in an manually change them.

Would love to know how so i can put in what the IIFYM calculator said i need. I am new to this and trying to do it right this time so it lasts a lifetime.
    Go to your home page. Click goals, and then tell it "custom".
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    1 gram per pound just seems like has got to make me gain.. but i will recalculate according to that and get ripped.. hehe

protein doesn't make you gain and doesn't make you ripped....also, you don't need any more than 1 gram per Lb of LEAN mass...not body weight.

Energy consumption (calories) beyond what your body requires to maintain the status quo makes you gain...to get ripped you have to get lean...and you have to hit the weight room hard and probably go through a couple of bulking and cutting cycles. If you could just get ripped eating a bunch of protein, everyone would be ripped.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options

If you go over your protein, I have to wonder how you did it without maxing out cals.

It depends on the food you eat, yesterday for dinner my meal was 995cals and 123g protein...mainly from tilapia and prawns.