Evening primrose oil

2»

Replies

• byorgason
    byorgason Posts: 1
    Hey! Sorry some people are so sarcastic. I love that you ask these questions and I wish that this could have been an environment where you could have safely asked without people jumping to conclusions. I have studied nutrition all my life and about a year ago I came to a plateau with my health after we had our son. I just couldn't lose it anymore. So I started reading books on nutrition and I came across a book (I wish I remembered what it is called, I will look and see if I can find it) and the author who was a nutritionist said that the first thing she started women on who were trying to loss weight was evening primrose oil. Since then I have read lots of articles that suggest this. It does have omega 6 and vitamin E along with a lot of other health benefits. Here is one such article.
    http://www.weightdietspills.com/evening-primrose-oil-properties-to-lose-weight/175.html.
    Loving nutrition I eat healthy and exercise but I also love researching supplements. And I have come to find that there are a lot of natural supplements that are good and help me use my body to it's fullest potential. This being said I only know what is good for me and I do my own research. I am not a nutritionist, except for myself so go with what you feel is good. Have fun!

P.S. there are lots of books out there on evening primerose oil and it's benefits if you want to study more. One of them is Called Evening Primerose oil by Judy Graham. She does quite a few books on natural Healing.
  • mebepiglet123
    mebepiglet123 Posts: 327 Member
    I put a capsule pierced into dogs food, helps with his skin condition. Don't use them myself...
    I Don't suffer from pms, but works a treat on my dog... Lol
  • thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Just because it's sold in a health food store doesn't mean it works or it's good for you. Just because it's natural doesn't mean it works or it's good for you.

Evening primrose oil does have some health benefits however IT WILL NOT MAKE YOU LOSE FAT. A calorie deficit does.
  • Khalter1975
    Khalter1975 Posts: 30 Member
    Why are people so negative towards one another....isn't this website supposed to here to support one another?!?!?!
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    No.....the website is a tool to learn.
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    I used the capsules to try provoke natural labor. ...still got induced