One Year Of Cold Showers

Options

Replies

• Kitten2629
    Kitten2629 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    sunburnt or not. I don't feel clean without a warm/hot shower.. but more power to you!
  • 1911JR
    1911JR Posts: 276
    Options
    This was recommended as a way to provide relief for my sore muscles. The first attempt was downright scary, the next week I decided to try it again. Behold it was not bad. One year later I refuse to get into a hot shower, I no longer enjoy the steam. I will note the winter months were tough, but I still wanted the ice shower.

Anyone else tried long term cold showers?

Only when I didn`t have a GF..... :laugh:
  • CharleePear
    CharleePear Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    Unless you have ruptured your muscles making them cold after a workout will not make the recover sooner than a good cool down and stretch will. If you have trouble after that a HOT shower, warm presses, massages and stretches would help. This sounds like a silly wives tale.
  • CharleePear
    CharleePear Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    Saw the thread title and immediately thought "you need to get laid". Sorry OP.

Me too hahaha
  • marquishagetaka
    Options
    ok looks like the constant cold is not the way to go...
  • Beautiful_disaster40
    Options
    4 days of cold showers when I first moved in to my home waiting for services to be turned on, worse 4 days of my life!
  • BekaBooluvsu
    BekaBooluvsu Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Yep. I started doing that in winter 2005 in upstate New York. Sure is nice after a workout.
    Also great for hair growth. My hair and skin are no longer dry. I am hot all the time so maybe
    that has something to do with it.

Yes, I have eczema and I can't manage hot water on my skin. It's terrible. And the 'hot all the time' thing...I hear you!

I'm opposite, I'm cold all the time (Due to medical conditions) even living in Florida! I can't IMAGINE taking a COLD shower even ONE day!!! Brrrrrrr!!!!

I live in Florida now too. It helps so much to stay cool to shower with cold water. At least for me.
  • runforestrun35
    runforestrun35 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I would freeze to death!!!! Hecks no!
  • Kristle582
    Kristle582 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I only take cold showers in the winter.
  • Smirnoff65
    Smirnoff65 Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    I quite like hitting the steam room after a workout then straight in to a cold shower.
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    I actually have never liked a very hot shower. Ever since I was about 6 I would always have a luke warm -> cold shower. It wasn't until I got older that I heard about all the "benefits".
  • splashtree2
    splashtree2 Posts: 277
    Options
    No thanks
  • marquishagetaka
    Options
    see most of the people here don't like that cold shower idea.
  • Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    I have only had a few cold showers in my life and I don't want to repeat the experience.

The first was when I had swine flu and a 103 temperature. My husband shoved me in there.

I might have cursed.

Cursing might have been involved.

Any other times was only due to unavoidable circumstances regarding location or plumbing issues.

If you can handle it though, more power to you. I'm sure anyone you live with enjoys knowing that they can take long hot showers without having to take your hot shower needs into consideration. And you're also probably not impacted when the washer is on. Both good attributes.
  • SaintGiff
    SaintGiff Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    67939-George-Costanza-I-was-in-the-p-c1kI.gif
  • SheGlows
    SheGlows Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I once did Navy showers for three months straight as a water saving method, during the winter, and I will never go that way again. I now just limit my shower time. I know it doesn't conserve as much water and electricity, and I need to be less wasteful, but I'm a selfish entitled American!
  • xMermaidx
    xMermaidx Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I used to take cold showers everyday for most of my life when I lived in Brazil. Bright and early in the morning before school, my mom would say to shower to wake up, it wakes you up alright! I live in New England now and although I do take "colder" showers sometimes I can't imagine taking it full on cold or in winter, the water is scary ice cold. This cold shower talk reminds me of a Seinfeld episodd with Kramer where he says he only takes cold showers and Elaine says "that explains a lot"
  • marquishagetaka
    Options
    Yea I understand everyone ones reasons behind the temp of the shower, but it started as a recommendation, over a year later only 4 hot showers and those were to test some essential oil soaps, other than that, gimme my icy water.:laugh:
  • neveragain84
    neveragain84 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    i so expected this to be about something else :wink:

Me too... and now I'm disappointed.