Hi, I'm new here, looking for supportive friends.

Options
My name is Traci. I am a 32 year old mom of a 4 year old and 8 month old. I provide day care out of my home during the day and enjoy the freedom that it gives me to be with my kids. I live in Central Missouri and have been trying to lose weight for years. I have finally gotten serious and would love to have some support from others trying to do the same. My goal is to get to 150 lbs which means I have to lose 35 lbs. I just started so I am fired up. Hope to meet some of you soon.

Replies

• Toninette
    Options
    Welcome! This is the place to be for support! Check in daily and you'll get what you need!
  • dreamjo
    dreamjo Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Welcome Traci! I am new here too! Congrats on your kids and being able to do a job that you love and spend time with them. I am looking for supportive friends too since I am serious about buckling down and getting healthier.

Feel free to add me!

Jennifer
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck with your weight loss goals. Feel free to add me. I wish you the best of luck on your journey!
  • melbhall
    melbhall Posts: 519
    Options
    Hi Traci! Welcome to MFP! The people here are amazingly supportive and most offer great advice! Feel free to friend me if you would like. I'm 28, have an 18month old son, and am 5 months pregnant with my second son. I have been on the site for about a year, and was making progress before I got pregnant. After the baby is born I will have about 40 lbs to lose also. Good luck on your journey! You can do it!
  • momof5skis
    Options
    Tracy,
    Good luck to you! I have 5 children age 11 to 22 and am stuck with the baby fat I acquired with my last one! I am determined to not get frustrated this time and just do it day by day. Good for you to be able to be with your kids all day!
    Beth:bigsmile:
  • Momof3ggb
    Momof3ggb Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Welcome Tracy,

This community is very supportive and helpful. I'm 35, married and have a almost 13 year old daughter, 10 1/2 year old daughter and my son just turned 7.