Another gain

Options
So after two weeks of not weighing myself I weighed myself and well what do you know I have gained like 2lb and a bit. Seriously how is this possible. I know its only been two weeks and I've upper my calories to compensate for my exercise (also was gaining on 1440) but I was so strict with myself this week! Every time I step on the scale it goes up! What am I doing wrong? Fair enough the days where I haven't counted calories I understand that part but its literally been 6 days since I last did that so how can I of gained so much?

Replies

• garnerish
    garnerish Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Either water weight fluctuation, or you're eating too many calories.
  • Bluemints1
    Bluemints1 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    And MFP also overcompensates on the calories you burn. So possibly eating too many calories due to MFP telling you you've burnt more than you actually have x
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    1. Natural fluctuations. It's not linear progression.
    2. Recheck you are in calorie deficit. maybe only eat back 50% and see how that goes. You need to track. Either you were brunhing less than you thought or eating more.

Dont panic.

Sometimes if people are in a routine and it isnt working then they change the routine.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    The answers you were given around a week/10 days ago still apply. Also keeping chopping and changing is really not helping you have a small amount of weight to lose you need to learn patience . As was said before you up your calories you'll gain weight temporarily due to increased carbs so increased water it will settle. I'd suggest going back and reading your previous threads as there was good advice there

Good Luck
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    If you are positive on your recording of calories (weighing and measuring), then water retention and poop!
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    So after two weeks of not weighing myself I weighed myself and well what do you know I have gained like 2lb and a bit. Seriously how is this possible. I know its only been two weeks and I've upper my calories to compensate for my exercise (also was gaining on 1440) but I was so strict with myself this week! Every time I step on the scale it goes up! What am I doing wrong? Fair enough the days where I haven't counted calories I understand that part but its literally been 6 days since I last did that so how can I of gained so much?
    You basically say you are not counting calories every day. Therein lies your problem. You are eating more than you realize.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    You basically say you are not counting calories every day. Therein lies your problem. You are eating more than you realize.

Agreed