Heart Rate Monitor

Options
liscar
liscar Posts: 311 Member
I was having a hard time losing weight until my husband bought me a heart rate monitor......everyone here uses HRM in case you are new. ANYWAY....JC Penny, jcp.com has a great starter HRM by Bowflex Item number KU 688-0338. It 's on sale for $59.99 and it does ALL this.....

Accurate heart rate reading
No chest strap needed
Alarm
Water resistant
Time of day + Calendar
Large display and light
Calorie counter
% of max. heart rate

This is fabulous --- you program your info in it so it is geared to YOU.

I wish I would have had a HRM a year ago when I started working out --- there's been a lot of talk on here lately about HRM's so when I got this flyer with my jcp bill, I thought I would share it. Bowflex's stuff is normally really high quality as well.

Replies

• Eporter727
    Eporter727 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I've been using my husbands old one that requires a chest strap and due to some surgery it's very uncomfortable. And it doesn't do all this stuff! Thanks for the heads up. :-):flowerforyou:
  • CharleneM
    CharleneM Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I have a question about your HRM. All of the ones I have ever had...you program in your stride and then it counts steps as you walk, HOWEVER, when you stop to tie your shoes, it keeps counting steps. I have yet to find one that counts yor actual steps, is there such a thing?
  • runningneo122
    runningneo122 Posts: 6,962 Member
    Options
    I have a question about your HRM. All of the ones I have ever had...you program in your stride and then it counts steps as you walk, HOWEVER, when you stop to tie your shoes, it keeps counting steps. I have yet to find one that counts yor actual steps, is there such a thing?

There are some out there that have a "shoe pod" that communicates with the wrist watch part. Abt the size of a big coat button that you clip on your laces.
  • liscar
    Options
    The one I actually use is a Garmin Forerunner and it is run off GPS --- when you are done, you take off the watch and put it next to your computer and it shows you your workout on an actual satelite map.

This one by Bowflex, I think is just reading your heart rate based of the watch and your pulse --- it doesn't measure distance. However, for 300 hundred dollars less than my Garmin, you can use this Bowflex watch for your HRM and when you are done, go to mapmyride.com and you can map your run to get exact distance......same mission accomplished for WAY less.
  • liscar
    Options

There are some out there that have a "shoe pod" that communicates with the wrist watch part. Abt the size of a big coat button that you clip on your laces.

BTW ---- CONGRATS ON MEETING YOUR GOAL :)
  • CharleneM
    CharleneM Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone