Wine?

I know we all like it and I certainly have a weakness for the stuff, but at the end of the day - it just doesn't agree...

Last night I opened a bottle, this was after a whole week of abstinence. Of course - I had to finish it, can't have just half of bottle laying around can we? Think of the children.

Today - whilst no hangover, I just have not much energy.

Conclusion - stop with the wine completely:(

Replies

• pipertargaryen
    pipertargaryen Posts: 303 Member
    I have wine near nightly, and I buy the little cans of it - portion control, right there. If I have a bottle, I'll tend to drink the whole thing too. It's not even because it's alcohol, I just like the taste.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Blasphemy!
    Get up and get out there....then get to the store for another bottle of wine and enjoy a glass next time! :p
  • DjinnMarie
    DjinnMarie Posts: 1,297 Member
    Wine before a rest day only.
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    I know we all like it and I certainly have a weakness for the stuff, but at the end of the day - it just doesn't agree...

Last night I opened a bottle, this was after a whole week of abstinence. Of course - I had to finish it, can't have just half of bottle laying around can we? Think of the children.

Today - whilst no hangover, I just have not much energy.

Nice excuse you have there!
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Heretic!
    *clutches bottle of Gavi to chest and refuses to give it up*
    You'll have to prise this bottle from my cold dead hands! :angry: :drinker:
  • Snip8241
    Snip8241 Posts: 767 Member
    We go in cycles...some weeks it's only Friday evening and Saturday evening. This last week it has been before dinner for the last few nights...I do notice I don't have as much energy in the morning after.

Still....I won't give it up. :drinker:
  • ainarsraciks
    ainarsraciks Posts: 166 Member
    Well, look from a positive side of things... at least you're lucky that you are not a whiskey lover.
  • try to keep it under 2-3 glasses a day. You gotta be able to enjoy life, right? that's what this all about anyway.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member

Just don't drink the whole bottle...
  • Wine in cans? Sounds a bit American/Australian to me;)

I think though - portion control really is the issue. You'd think at 45 I'd be able to manage it by now wouldn't you:)
  • missiontofitness
    Wine is adult grape juice. I'm sure all of us have accidentally had a few too many without intending to do so, haha.
  • GinGerSnapS713
    GinGerSnapS713 Posts: 37 Member
    Life without wine?? No, this is wrong. Just shove the cork back in and enjoy it the next evening. :drinker:
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    I have wine near nightly, and I buy the little cans of it - portion control, right there. If I have a bottle, I'll tend to drink the whole thing too. It's not even because it's alcohol, I just like the taste.
    Cans of wine?
  • spider_mark51959
    spider_mark51959 Posts: 2,799 Member
    I used to kill a bottle all by myself in an evening, but too many calories! Now it is a couple glasses and that is it.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Wine in cans? Sounds a bit American/Australian to me;)

I think though - portion control really is the issue. You'd think at 45 I'd be able to manage it by now wouldn't you:)
    I'm american and I can't fathom cans. Perhaps she's speaking of the new recyclable containers? There are a few decent ones out. And they do make a 3 glass version. :-) I'm good the next day as long as there's only THREE glasses. The fourth and I'm useless the next day. Just tired. No hang over.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Well, look from a positive side of things... at least you're lucky that you are not a whiskey lover.
    ha!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,494 Member
    So glad the DW and I don't like wine. And I live in a wine making city!!! I have wine stored for guests, but last time I drank some was a sip for a toast at a reception.

Just for info: alcohol inhibits fat burning. So if a lot of one's calories is committed to alcohol, it may impede how weight loss from fat is going.

A.C.E. Certified Group Fitness and Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    So glad the DW and I don't like wine. And I live in a wine making city!!! I have wine stored for guests, but last time I drank some was a sip for a toast at a reception.

Just for info: alcohol inhibits fat burning. So if a lot of one's calories is committed to alcohol, it may impede how weight loss from fat is going.

IDEA Fitness member

Buzz Killington
    1238015d1380607914-pre-owned-watch-another-persons-name-engraved-would-you-buy-buzzkillington.jpg
  • missiontofitness

IDEA Fitness member

Feel free to send any unwanted wine to my PO box.
  • Sabine_Stroehm

IDEA Fitness member
    I've read this before, yes. What I understand is the body it burns it first, and won't burn other "things" til it's gone. Is that the story?