P90X Recovery Week of PHASE 1!!!!!!!!!!!

Options

Replies

• CombatVet_Armywife
    CombatVet_Armywife Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Okay....so I guess since everyone else is 'fessing up' I will too...........

SW (with this program): 169.8
    CW: 168.4

I forgot that I had posted my starting weight...struggling with the same 3-4lbs, so I had actually fluctuated up to 171 prior to starting the program. Technically I'm down 2.6 from the highest point of my plateau, but only down 1.4lbs since starting P90X.

HOWEVER, the 168.4 is STILL the same weight I'd reached before I hit my plateau, so it still feels like NO progress. Looking forward to updating measurements, I haven't checked those since the start of the program. Hoping to see a change there at least!

So proud of all of us for sticking with it!
  • epeebes
    epeebes Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! I took a last minute getaway trip fri-sat so I wasn't getting much done, except well eating and drinking :embarassed:

So I weighed myself this morning to find I still lost a pound! :happy: I have to say I'm losing 1 pound a week which is good but I am trying to lose 2 lbs a week. I feel like I've been hovering in the 210-200 for a few months and I want to break free into the 190's. I finally bought some whey protein to make my shakes. So I'm hoping that helps. Well here's my weekly weigh in breakdown.

Jan 2 204.5
    Jan 9 203.5
    Jan 16 202.5
    Jan 23 201.5

Hope everyone has a good rest week!

BTW- I REALLY don't like the Yoga X DVD I need to supplement with something else Yoga, I've been doing my Wii Fit but are there any other good options?
  • syd1980
    syd1980 Posts: 283
    Options
    hello all, i started P90X on Jan 1st, so I'm also in my first recovery week. I have read all your post about gaining, the way it was explained to me was that it is muscle building. then when muscle builds it helps to get rid of the fat. as long as you are losing inches, then you are on the right track. hide your scales until your 30, 60, 90 days. for people that have just started drinking their 8 glasses of water . the body has to get used to this . it will also show water weight on the scale. keep drinking your water and your body will get used to it and not retain it. just think of it this way , the body thinks its dehydrated and will hold on to it. once the body sees its hydrated , it will let go of the water weight. Also something that was told to me by a P90X veteran is that most people see more weight loss around there 60 and 90 days. one more thing , if you are eating the same as you was when you started the program , and you are exercising every day , you are just maintaining the weight you are right now .

Hope this helps, bring it and forget the rest!
  • chelsiburnett
    Options
    hello all, i started P90X on Jan 1st, so I'm also in my first recovery week. I have read all your post about gaining, the way it was explained to me was that it is muscle building. then when muscle builds it helps to get rid of the fat. as long as you are losing inches, then you are on the right track. hide your scales until your 30, 60, 90 days. for people that have just started drinking their 8 glasses of water . the body has to get used to this . it will also show water weight on the scale. keep drinking your water and your body will get used to it and not retain it. just think of it this way , the body thinks its dehydrated and will hold on to it. once the body sees its hydrated , it will let go of the water weight. Also something that was told to me by a P90X veteran is that most people see more weight loss around there 60 and 90 days. one more thing , if you are eating the same as you was when you started the program , and you are exercising every day , you are just maintaining the weight you are right now .

Hope this helps, bring it and forget the rest!

Thank you for this post!! I figured most of it is water weight, but I think it is muscle also! I can tell you I have been trying to watch my sodium intake and eat my calories back, but I still feel as if I should be losing weight...I can tell in the inches though because my jeans and everything else are fitting loose!! This is exciting and I am going to hide the scale!! thanks for the advice!
  • kc4173
    kc4173 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    OK - so recovery week

I have lost some weight!!!!!

height 5-4
    sw 135
    cw 125.4

YESSSS!!! core synergystics and ab ripper still kill me! But it is awesome to see results!
  • happinessblossoms
    happinessblossoms Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    OK - so recovery week

I have lost some weight!!!!!

height 5-4
    sw 135
    cw 125.4

YESSSS!!! core synergystics and ab ripper still kill me! But it is awesome to see results!

FANTASTIC!!! You're doing great!
  • sarina87
    sarina87 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys, i'm sorry i haven't done the weekly chart yet. I honestly had to celebrate last night because i got out of the 170's and that has been a goal of mine since i started my weightloss journey a year ago. I went out drinking last night and sang some karaoke. I was very proud of myself because i stayed on my diet. But the negative was that i had a really bad hangover for work today and i didn't get in p90x workouts today or yesterday. But i am not freting. I plan to double up my workouts 2 days this week and i think it will be fine since we are in recovery week and we are kinda suppose to be pulling back a bit. I plan to be in full throttle tomarrow and i am going to do the board tomarrow because we do have some people who do there weigh-ins on monday as well.

All in all, i can't believe i stayed on my diet last night and i can't believe i am out of the 170's. I am so pumped up and ready to take on Phase 2.

P.S. Last night was the first drink i have had since november, i've been such a good girl :)
    whatever
  • chelsiburnett
    Options
    Hi Guys, i'm sorry i haven't done the weekly chart yet. I honestly had to celebrate last night because i got out of the 170's and that has been a goal of mine since i started my weightloss journey a year ago. I went out drinking last night and sang some karaoke. I was very proud of myself because i stayed on my diet. But the negative was that i had a really bad hangover for work today and i didn't get in p90x workouts today or yesterday. But i am not freting. I plan to double up my workouts 2 days this week and i think it will be fine since we are in recovery week and we are kinda suppose to be pulling back a bit. I plan to be in full throttle tomarrow and i am going to do the board tomarrow because we do have some people who do there weigh-ins on monday as well.

All in all, i can't believe i stayed on my diet last night and i can't believe i am out of the 170's. I am so pumped up and ready to take on Phase 2.

P.S. Last night was the first drink i have had since november, i've been such a good girl :)
    whatever

Congrats on getting to one of your goals!!! What a great accomplishment! Glad you had a great time!!! Lets Do this!!!
  • melzteach
    melzteach Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I don't know about any of you but Core was totally killer for me. I was trying to focus on engaging my core but either I was doing it wrong or just bum luck, my sciatic nerve is hurting pretty bad. I'm all set for Kenpo tomorrow. I read that stretching and cardio help with the pain. **fingers crossed**

BTW I do not care for superman/banana. I'd rather do YogaX (and it's pretty hard) before superman/banana.
  • Rappla88
    Rappla88 Posts: 185 Member
    Options

whatever

Congradulations on your success!!!! Also big props to you for not having a drink since november!!! I'm struggling to not have any during the week at all and waiting until the weekend!! I only have a coupe on the weekends and I REALLY look forward to a having a nice glass of wine!!!!!
  • Rappla88
    Rappla88 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I don't know about any of you but Core was totally killer for me. I was trying to focus on engaging my core but either I was doing it wrong or just bum luck, my sciatic nerve is hurting pretty bad. I'm all set for Kenpo tomorrow. I read that stretching and cardio help with the pain. **fingers crossed**

BTW I do not care for superman/banana. I'd rather do YogaX (and it's pretty hard) before superman/banana.

Core was a total killer for me this morning!!! During my first round of this I only ended up doing it a couple times.... My rest weeks happened to fall over times when I was on vacation and I did what I could while I was away and didn't follow exactly the program (but don't worry I did'nt stop working out completely!!!) And today I could really tell that I had A LOT of work to do with this video!!! I agree.... I'd rather do the yoga haha!! But I'm going to keep at it!!!
  • happinessblossoms
    happinessblossoms Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    YAY Sarina! WTG girlie!
  • tuduis
    tuduis Posts: 67
    Options
    Thank GOD for recovery week...
  • chelsiburnett
    Options
    :smile: I actually love this week too!!!I like cardio and abdominal stuff so this is the week I have been looking forward to!
  • chelsiburnett
    Options
    This was a great day!!! I hope to see some loss this week and I am determined!!!
  • 321Detonate
    Options
    W4D1, Yoga X complete!! Is it just me, or did this first month go by like THAT??
  • quentien3
    quentien3 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    My Bad! LOL, Didn't know we were on a different forum. Anyway.... I have completed Both W4D1 & W4D2. Congrats everybody
  • chelsiburnett
    Options
    I have completed Both W4D1 & W4D2. Doing W4D3 tonight!! I am ready to measure and see what thing have been happening on the 4 week adventure!!! :tongue:
  • tuduis
    tuduis Posts: 67
    Options
    W4D1, Yoga X complete!! Is it just me, or did this first month go by like THAT??

*Snaps my fingers* Like THAT!
  • sarina87
    sarina87 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Lean Program SD SW Jan 8 Jan 15 CW

sarina87 Jan 1 172/ 170.8/ 170.0/ 167.8
    chelsiburnett Jan 1 143.2 / 139.0/ 139.8/ 140.4
    bethvandenberg Jan 3 198.0/ 197.1/ 197.0/ 201
    epeebes Jan 2 204.5 / 203.5/ 202.5/ 201.5
    AidaR Jan 5 158/ 159/ 159
    melterp Jan 3 163
    Aintnet Jan 3 229.8