Walk Away the Pounds - Join Me?!

Options
I have 3 different Leslie Sansone Walk Away the Pounds/Walk at Home DVD's. I am a huge fan of these and am finding myself becoming addicted. Which I think is a great thing. The great thing about the DVD's is that you can choose how many miles you do - from 1 to 5 miles per day. I like having the option...

If you would like to join me I'd LOVE to have a walking buddy.

Kelly

Replies

• PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    check out the SWAT January thread:wink:
  • SongofJoy57
    SongofJoy57 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have the walk away the pounds for abs . . . 1,2, and 3 mile. I have not done it today, but it is a good work out. :flowerforyou:
  • Shawnarose
    Shawnarose Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hi there,
    I love these tapes, have the 1 -2-3 mile walks and I started doing them again at the beginning of Jan.
    It is freezing here and these offer the perfect get up and move for me.
    I do not have the belt and use dumb bells instead for now. I was just saying to my husband that I had a really hard time finishing the 1 mile on Dec 27, 10 and I am up to the 3 mile now - Wow what a difference I am feeling stronger everyday.
    I am looking on ebay for the 5 mile and belt to keep building my stamina until the weather improves.
  • SongofJoy57
    Options
    I wish I could be more motivated. I do it sometimes, and sometimes I don't. I always feel good afterward, but I work everyday, and don't know quite how to make it a habit. Do I jump from the bed, and get it over with? What do you do? :noway:
  • Shawnarose
    Shawnarose Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    For me, the best time is the morning, I get up at 5am with hubby and make his lunch and breakfast - kiss him goodbye then off to the cellar I go. I am trying really hard to MAKE it a habit to exercise every morning. I find if I don't do it then the day gets away from me and I talk myself right out of doing anything.
    I feel so much better and I find it motivates me the rest of the day to watch what I put in my mouth cause I worked hard that morning.
    Give it a try what do you have to lose? I read it takes a full 30 days to make a new habit...
  • SongofJoy57
    Options
    Thanks ShawnaRose! :flowerforyou: I get up at 5:00 am . . . so I am going to do this tomorrow morning before I go to work because you are doing it . . . okay? I think I just need someone to motivate me, and you have really got some good points there about doing it early and watching what you put in your mouth. I am really having a hard time with all of this, so I appreciate it. Blessings for you!!!!
  • annasid78
    Options
    I love WATP. I love Lesile! ;)

I have a TON of her DVD's. I have a 1,2,3,4, and 5 mile dvds I use the 1, 2, 3 the most now. I need to work back up to the 4 and 5 mile again.

I work out in the afternoon/eveings now. I am just not a morning person. Although once school starts in the last of March I may switch...

I too am lacking motivation right now, but doing my best to get on track.
  • KaeChelle
    KaeChelle Posts: 576
    Options
    I just recently bought the 3 mile boot camp. I've done it twice so far. When I had UVerse, I did her one and two mile walks on exercise tv.
  • JordanGirl5
    JordanGirl5 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I am not a morning person. I wish I was because I think working out in the morning would be great...I'm trying really hard to get up a little earlier and earlier every day. We shall see how that works. Right now I do it in the evening...as soon as I get home from work I change into my workout clothes and pop in the DVD...my son is allowed to play his video games while I do the walk. Like I said, it can get addicting. I love the way I feel when I'm done...sometimes its hard as heck to get going but I'm working on it...
  • kbanzhaf
    kbanzhaf Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I don't use any WATP DVDs or anything, but I try to walk from 3-5 miles at least five times a week. In the summer, both the frequency and the miles go up. I'm a teacher, so I meet a friend to walk twice a day most of the time in the summer.

I'm aiming for 1800 miles this year. Last year, I logged over 1600, and so am challenging myself to get to 1800 in 2011.

Good luck to all of you!!! Walking has transformed me completely. I was losing weight, but it wasn't until I got a treadmill so I could walk in the winter that you could really tell that I was losing :-) I got myself to use the treadmill by taping my favorite soap opera while I was at work. I wouldn't let myself watch it unless I had walked at least three miles that day....so I'd watch the soap and walk at the same time.
  • KellyBurton1
    KellyBurton1 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I love her videos as well, what I like the most is you can bump it a bit by using handweights for a little extra burn. I have 4 different videos.
  • MsFitnFabulous
    MsFitnFabulous Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I love how she smiles the whole time she's kicking my butt lol. I would love to walk with you! Feel free to add me.
  • MsFitnFabulous
    MsFitnFabulous Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I love how she smiles the whole time she's kicking my butt lol. I would love to walk with you! Feel free to add me.
  • JordanGirl5
    JordanGirl5 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Checking in for today 1/24/11 - I walked 4 miles today. I honestly NEVER thought I would be able to complete 4 miles. Feeling really good...

How did YOU do today?
  • annasid78
    Options
    1-24- I did a 2 mile dvd :)

Good Job JordanGirl5. 4miles is great! We can do anything we put our minds too!
  • theraa
    theraa Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would love to join you! I have quite a few of her DVD's and love Leslie! I did the 2 mile yesterday, not such a good day today, but will aim for at least a 2 mile tomorrow. :)
  • sheddingthelbs
    Options
    Is anyone still walking away the pounds? I just started last week, so far I'm loving it! Finally a workout that doesn't kill my lower back!
  • Zita_Jenn
    Zita_Jenn Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Hey there, I just did my 2 miles. I borrowed WATP express Walk Strong from the library. I would love to join in. :smile:
  • halphord
    halphord Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I love Leslie and her dvd's. I have found that these are the exercises that I enjoy doing the most, and that I feel the best after doing. I do the elliptical and circuit training too, but I always find myself going back to the walking dvd's, because I feel like I get more out of those, as a whole workout. I love love love it.
  • Tralee1111
    Tralee1111 Posts: 2,039 Member
    Options
    I have most of the WATP dvds as well. Manage to get through the 2 mile walk (after not exercising for a long time). Would love to have support and buddies to get through and build stamnia to get back to doing the 4 and 5 mile ones like I used to!