What's the dealio on diet soda?

Options
2»

Replies

• MrX8503
    MrX8503 Posts: 67
    Options
    The more you consumer sugar, the more your body is dependent upon it. It doesn't matter if its artificial or the real stuff. Just slowly remove yourself from it and your cravings will subside.
  • anabelle2mince
    Options
    I lose weight at the same speed whether I drink the stuff or not. So as far as I'm concerned I don't drink it everyday but a couple times a week, no big deal.
  • lesliemk
    lesliemk Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I haven't touched it in over a year and I don't miss it one bit! It's not real food, so it's off my list and was great for my grocery budget! :D I honestly found that drinking soda just made me want a salty snack to go with it. Who needs that? I now enjoy ice water and occasionally ice water with a lemon or lime or slice of cucumber. Yum!
  • AppleBottomJeans
    Options
    I try to avoid Diet Soda (unless it's a chaser with rum!) A lot of Diet Soda can't be good for you. but it is a better choice than the non-diet version is you get a cola craving. Try to switch to unsweetened tea.
  • kitchenfairy
    Options
    I don't drink it as I'm not fond of the migraines and hearing loss that came with for me when I did drink it. If I want a soda I take one of my throwback pepsi stash. :)
  • gdunn55
    gdunn55 Posts: 363
    Options
    I decided that on Jan 3rd that I'd lay off all my demons, and diet soda was one. I could literally drink a 2 liter in a day and still want more. I've decided that for the Super Bowl I would treat myself.. Instead of drinking water with whatever food I eat wherever we go.. I'd have one diet soda.. Or a sweet tea.
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    I refuse to drink or eat anything with artificial sweeteners like aspartame or splenda. I do drink half a can of regular pepsi each day and it may take longer for me to lose weight but at least Im not filling myself with artificial crap.
  • sharanranran
    sharanranran Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I feel so much more hungry when I've been drinking soda...and sometimes I can't eat enough. On the days I dont drink it, I can easily stick to my calorie allowance. :noway:
  • ameaston22
    Options
    I have always been against diet soda because of the artificial sweeteners. However, all of my skinny friends seem to always have one on hand and they all seemed okay so I went with peer pressure and bought two cases (Dr. Pepper and Sunkist). It wasn't hard to make the switch and I found myself addicted. I noticed that when I drank diet sodas, my body would crave sweets and then I'd justify eating them because I wasn't taking in calories from drinking soda. I actually gained 5 + pounds in the two weeks while I was drinking diet soda. I felt my energy level go down and I just didn't feel RIGHT. This is just my experience, but I've decided that I would rather drink one NORMAL soda a day than diet from now on.