Up24 / GPS Watch Mix

Options
Hello all,

I'm looking for some advice.

I know people who have the jawbone up24 bands which seem really cool for tracking your heart rate and calories burned for a day with only wearing a light weight bracelet. I think it would be really cool to get something like that, but I want more.

I have a GPS watch, but not really happy with it. I'd like to buy something better that includes heart rate monitoring capabilities and would be nicer to use when running to be able to view stats easier.

So my dilemma is I don't want to pay for 2 things that overlap each other, especially since the up24 is really only a HRM. The GPS watch I think I would go with is the Garmin Forerunner 220 as my coworker has it and I like the features it has. It has a HRM built in, but my question is, could I use that all day long like you would the UP24? If so, I'd just use the Garmin all day to track heart rate and calories burned like the up24 would do, but then also have a GPS watch to track run and bike times.

Am I trying to cheap out too much here and should just buy both, or has anyone tried just using the GPS watch on it's own all day?

I realize that the Garmin requires a chest strap to be worn, but that would also be more accurate than the UP24, I would think? I would think the chest strap I'd get used to wearing over time? Maybe, maybe not?

Any advice is appreciated, even if you have a different device you'd recommend!

Replies

• lazyjk
    lazyjk Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    FYI - The Up24 has no HRM capabilities. It's just a pedometer/sleep tracker. So that should make your decision easier I hope!
  • Jwildeboer
    Jwildeboer Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Well then, maybe I'm thinking fit bit or something else?
  • Jwildeboer
    Jwildeboer Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Why would anyone pay 100 dollars for a step tracker??