Hello everyone!!!

Options
Hello!!
My name is Jena Marie, I am 22 years old and I am a teacher. My lovely cousin told me about this site, this is my second day on MFP.

I have lost 41 pounds since I started getting serious about weight loss back in May 2010. I have about 90 more pounds to lose. I hope to be at my goal weight in 8 months but I realize that might not happen and I am ok with that as long as I am closer to my weight lose goal then I am now.

I am looking to meet more people who are also on this crazy weight loss journey, so please, feel free to send me a friends request! :smile:

Good luck on your journey!

Replies

• xp0sed
    xp0sed Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Hi there, welcome to MFP! I too am a teacher :)

Good luck on your weight-loss!
  • TahmohsGirl21
    Options
    What grade do you teach?

Thank you very much! Good luck to you too.
  • snowness
    Options
    i'm a teacher too! Welcome you'll love it here :)
  • TahmohsGirl21
    Options
    Awesome!
    It seems like there are alot of teachers on here.
  • Fruit4dessert
    Fruit4dessert Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm not a teacher but I'm sending you a friend request anyway!
  • ballantynea
    Options
    I didnt know that you were teaching thats great are you working at a daycare? I finish my degree in Early Childhood Ed this May and have 2 yrs left til Ill be teaching 3rd grade hopefully!
  • xp0sed
    xp0sed Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    What grade do you teach?

Thank you very much! Good luck to you too.

I teach K-8, Special Ed and ESL. You?
  • TahmohsGirl21
    Options
    I am working at La Petite Academy, Its part of the Montessori schools. I love it there.

Thats awesome! I didnt know you wanted to teach Third Grade.
  • TahmohsGirl21
    Options
    Awww. My mom works in Special Ed too.

I used to work with PreK but now they need me in another room so for right now I am in the baby room.
  • ballantynea
    Options
    that's awesome I always wanted to observe a Montessori classroom I have learned a lot about them in school. Yeah 3rd grade is my goal 2 years left til I'm there cant wait!
  • TahmohsGirl21
    Options
    You can do a walk threw... the school I work in lets parents and students come in and see what the classrooms are like, you should call the closest Montessori to you and ask them. Just say you are studying to be a teacher and they should let you go in sometime.

A few years ago I observed a Montessori classroom in Lansing... I didnt like it, but here its different. They actually let the kids be kids here- in the other one it was like little adults in the classrooms. They didnt play!

Thats so awesome! Im sure the 2 years will fly by.