September Step Challenge

Options
dancingj2
dancingj2 Posts: 4,572 Member
Summer is coming to an end and school is starting or maybe winter is hopefully ebbing away - either way a great time to step into another monthly challenge! Enjoy some more pleasant weather out doors, hit the treadmill or take the long way to the cafeteria!

Our challenge is to do 10,000 steps in a day. You can do this for any one day or try for the entire month. Jump right in at any time! You can set a lower or higher goal if you wish. Our main goal is to keep activate every day!

It's easy to join - Just post here to begin!

You will need a step counter to keep track of your steps and then post your results daily here.

Welcome to our Monthly Step Challenge!

Replies

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,976 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: the frisky poodles and I will be joining the step challenge for September

1461351h0otf8hco5.gif
    “All truly great thoughts are conceived while walking."
    Friedrich Nietzsche
  • akcyooper
    akcyooper Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in
  • Smamfa
    Smamfa Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I'm in too:)
  • CosmicBella
    CosmicBella Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I'm in !!! (:
  • mefitforlife9
    mefitforlife9 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    I'm in.. with my FitBit I should be good with recording my steps... I'm also in the "walking" challenge - and a squat challenge thru a local gym (not a member, but got bamboozled by my massage therapist - her office is at the gym, went for my massage and then afterwards with a mushy brain, agreed to their squat challenge! LOL). Help!!! :love: :ohwell:
  • Snip8241
    Snip8241 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: the frisky poodles and I will be joining the step challenge for September

1461351h0otf8hco5.gif
    “All truly great thoughts are conceived while walking."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Great quote!! I am in!!
  • Needachange84
    Needachange84 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to get back into the groove of things and would love to join this challenge. I have a fitbit so that will help alot!! Anybody with a fitbit feel free to add me: https://www.fitbit.com/user/2DP2MF
  • branbuds
    branbuds Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I am in! Thanks for posting :smile:
  • dancingj2
    dancingj2 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    I'm in.. with my FitBit I should be good with recording my steps... I'm also in the "walking" challenge - and a squat challenge thru a local gym (not a member, but got bamboozled by my massage therapist - her office is at the gym, went for my massage and then afterwards with a mushy brain, agreed to their squat challenge! LOL). Help!!! :love: :ohwell:

I do find being in several challenges helps keep me motivated. How many squats do they want you to do?
  • OZandra
    OZandra Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Looking forward to it!!!!
  • sandymayhew2014
    sandymayhew2014 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Count me in!!!
  • Eserra0510
    Eserra0510 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm in though I'm not sure I can make 10,000 steps every day. Would like to shoot for 7K most days though! I have a Fitbit also to count the steps.
  • dedflwrs
    dedflwrs Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Going out of town yet again and it's nice to be held accountable. Hardest days are when I'm in an airplane but this will be extra motivation.
  • Smamfa
    Smamfa Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    10,574 for me today. Good start to September!
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    Sorry I was AWOL the last part of last month. I'm in again for this month and am going to aim for at least 5000 steps if I bike and 10,000 if I don't.
  • sllida
    sllida Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    count me in I have been really slacking at getting my steps in the last few months also would love to find some more supportive friend to help keep me on track so feel free to add me
  • SerendipitySkye
    SerendipitySkye Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Definitely in for 8,000-10,000 a day. I have a Jawbone UP. Thanks for starting this....Need all the incentive I can get to make sure I get it in every day!! ~Skye :flowerforyou:
  • akcyooper
    akcyooper Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    well, it's September .. 11,920 steps today for me
  • Eserra0510
    Eserra0510 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Made it to 8531 steps today so far (9:30 pm) ! Most I have done in a long while! Great start to my month! This incentive should help me a lot. :happy:
  • branbuds
    branbuds Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Goal: 10,000 steps per day

Sept 1: 10550