Quaker Minute Oats vs. Steel Cut Oats

Options
2»

Replies

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    how exactly will oatmeal help reset your metabolism when you eat it for breakfast.
    You knew someone would ask...:huh:

So what's the answer? :indifferent: :huh:

Inquiring minds want to know. :huh: :huh: :huh:
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    how exactly will oatmeal help reset your metabolism when you eat it for breakfast.
    You knew someone would ask...:huh:

So what's the answer? :indifferent: :huh:

Inquiring minds want to know. :huh: :huh: :huh:

Waiting. :wink:

Answer OP: I like steel cut oats, but I sometimes eat the other.
  • chench53
    chench53 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Original poster stated that she's starting a new program to reset her metabolism, one of the breakfast choices is steel oats which she was not familiar with.

So, it is not the oats specifically, but a new food program she's following. I get it. :bigsmile:

Gerry
  • Asalsepassi
    Options
    I'm agonna support the low GI theory...it's silly the difference....
  • dopeysmelly
    dopeysmelly Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    I prefer steel cut oats. They taste like real food, and have a nice chewy mouth feel. Thick rolled oats are 2nd best option - they are a nice halfway between steel cut and wallpaper paste. But I also like adding other whole grains in like barley or wheat or whatever to mix it up.

I make mine in a fancy-schmanzy rice cooker with a timer. Set it the night before, and then add a slug of milk 5 mins before serving to make it all creamy. I mix yogurt and fruit, bit of bran and sometimes a drizzle of honey. DD has her drowned in milk and honey, but she's 8 and can get away with it.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    If you can find Silver Palate, you can have the texture of steel cut oats and (almost) the convenience of instant. You can microwave a bowl on 50% power for 10min. I usually do 9 min because I like it a little more al dente.