Does Anyone Else Dream About Eating a Cheeseburger & Fries?

Options

Replies

• _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options
    Five Guys burger and fries last week 1,515 calories.. . . .yum . . . .yum. . . . eat it!
  • ShinyFuture
    ShinyFuture Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I like mine with lettuce and tomato...
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Or is it just me?
    I have had problems with food but I'm grateful that once I'm asleep, I'm free.
  • DarkMoon30
    DarkMoon30 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Or is it just me?

Nah. I dreamt of Gerard Butler last night... I'd take him over a cheeseburger any day :love:
  • NoMoreBlameGame
    NoMoreBlameGame Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I've had a double cheeseburger and fry from McDonalds once since I started. I'm talking about a big, juicy cheeseburger like the one pictured above. I can't do those. When I get to maintenance, I'll have cheat meals now and then, but for now, it's better for me to stay focused. Different strokes...

Why can't they fit in your goals? :huh: :huh:

It's kind of difficult to explain, but for me, food is like a drug. It's better for me to go cold turkey and stick by my self-imposed rules, than to flirt with going back to my old eating habits. I guess it would be akin to telling an alcoholic, you have a scotch or three once a week, but then you have to go back on the wagon.

I know I could fit it into my daily allowance, but, for me, it's just better that I don't.

Food is not a drug... it's just food. Burgers provide good protein/fat macros. *shrug*

I have to disagree here. Food can most *definitely* be a drug, as a drug is a medicine *or other substance* that has a physiological effect when placed in the body.

For some people food isn't a drug...for others...it IS a drug. Some people can have a glass of wine and be fine...others need the entire bottle, every day.

Anything and everything can be a "drug" depending on how it affects the individual person.

I hear you, OP...and I applaud your efforts.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    OP:have you tried joining one or more of the groups here that focus on the issues you describe in your profile and posts? Might be more helpful than all the "just eat the cheeseburger" replies.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/666-overeaters-anonymous-oa

Best of luck.
  • Sbrn_
    Sbrn_ Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Nope. I don't like burgers and I find fries mediocre.
  • LaReinaDeCorazones
    LaReinaDeCorazones Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    No. But then again I've been vegetarian for years.
    Lol this is what I was thinking lol
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I have dreams sometimes about desserts I saw on Pinterest
  • MrFitness972
    MrFitness972 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I don't dream about it!!! I make it reality!!!!
  • Snip8241
    Snip8241 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I do, but then I will have a burger and fries once in awhile. The rule tho is that it has to be the best I can buy. There is a brewery near me that does a fabulous burger.

Maybe my next splurge...cause now I am thinking about it.

I work these things into my life. Then I don't feel deprived.
  • SandraJN
    SandraJN Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Not usually, but yesterday driving past Dairy Queen and seeing the sign with the double cheeseburger basket nearly caused me to jump the curb. I have no idea why I wanted that thing soooo bad!
  • SandraJN
    SandraJN Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Yes, and then I wake up and eat it. Why wouldn't you?

I know I cannot because of dietary restrictions. Puts my blood sugar through the stratosphere.
  • rodduz
    rodduz Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    No, I just eat it! Fleixble dietting... IIFYM is the way to go!
  • joshuaperson
    Options
    I would kill for some Five Guy's cajun fries right now...:sad:
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,659 Member
    Options
    I net around 1200, and I have been dreaming a lot about food, too, mostly buffets, often Chinese.
  • emergencyninja
    emergencyninja Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Not quite dream it but crave a Five Guys Burger. What stops me is I never feel as rewarded after eating it as I think I will.
  • AusteenaHayes
    Options
    I don't dream of eating that. I live off a Vegan diet so I had a dream once that my mom was trying to force me to eat meat...it was scary. Lol
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    No. Beef jerky otoh ...
    Beef_Jerky-4.jpg