need help with home exercises!!!... please!

Options
The last 3 months have sucked for me as far as hitting fitness goals, to start off I had to go on the road for 35 days and was only able to hit a gym one of those days, then when I got home I started a new job and hurt my ankle really bad I'm up about 10 pounds from when I left for my trip. I'm still waiting to find out if I'm going to need surgery, no idea how long I'm going to be out of work let alone the gym. I've been doing crunches the last few days just to get some kind of exercise, but it doesn't feel like much compared to my normal gym workouts. I'm looking for any suggestions for any exercises that I can do without putting any weight on my ankle. Thanks

Replies

• mroo2014
    mroo2014 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I hurt my knee a few weeks ago so I was in somewhat of a similar situation so I can understand your frustration! Workout wise, I was surprised at how much I could do without furthering injury!

Here's a link to a chair workout... it's mainly for getting the heart rate up a bit but it is by no means a hardcore cardio programme! I will say though some of the ab stuff had me good aches for days as I was using different muscles to normal and after a few rounds I felt some sweat coming on. I made a bit of a circuit with this and using dumbells - and it seemed to pay off!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KKB5glk9fE&list=WL&index=3

There are quite a few videos on you tube for this type of thing so just check the recommended videos off this one :) Hope you get better soon!
  • bimmerjt9
    Options
    I was unable to exercise for a month due to a surgery but was able to continue losing weight just by counting my calories. It definitely makes things tough though .

You could probably do some weight training on a bench.
  • succeedin2
    succeedin2 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    You can do major weights, punches in between to bring your heart rate up. You can do Pilates also that would be great and leg lifts would be great too