Just dance 2 ???

Options
I just played the Just Dance 2 game on the WII for 35min. I did it on the sweat mode and I have to say i was sweating!! I attempted to enter my activity and couldnt find it in the database. Any ideas on the amount of calories burned? I do have say the game was fun and a good workout. My daughters and I had fun. Thats the main goal!!
Thanks for any input someone might have!!

Replies

• HeatherShrinking
    HeatherShrinking Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Before I got a Heart Rate Monitor, I always entered it as Dancing, General.
  • bunnyrivera
    Options
    I love the game and enter it as dancing modern .... what ever that option is under exercise.
  • neelia
    neelia Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    I enter it as "Dancing, General" =)
  • sunshine18762u
    sunshine18762u Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I use the Wii Active..and let me tell ya I sure was Active..lol
    Anyone know if there is a Zumba for Wii yet?
    Good luck with everyone's journey!
  • aunfire82
    aunfire82 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    There is a Zumba for Wii and it is fabulous! I just got it a couple of days ago and am addicted all ready! It allows you to set up a work out calendar and it assigns classes to the days you want to work out! LOVE it!
  • EDBENAGLIO
    Options
    Zumba Fitness. BUT IT IS HARD
  • edna354
    Options
    Thanks for the info....I think I might try the Zumba game also. I hear it good!!!
  • blondie2285
    Options
    I wondered the same thing about the calories burned when doing just dance 2. I would normally just choose the weekly sweat workout plan and dance the 4-6 songs. I never journaled it, but knew I worked out a little more. I will have to check out the Zumba game, Im not a big fan of going to the gym and doing zumba, but perhaps in my own home at my own pace I may like it better.
  • blondie2285
    Options
    I wondered the same thing about the calories burned when doing just dance 2. I would normally just choose the weekly sweat workout plan and dance the 4-6 songs. I never journaled it, but knew I worked out a little more. I will have to check out the Zumba game, Im not a big fan of going to the gym and doing zumba, but perhaps in my own home at my own pace I may like it better.
  • CassieH818
    CassieH818 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I enter it as Dancing, general but I found that MFP will OVERestimate the calories burned so I always lower the amount it gives me! Buying a HRM would give you the most accurate calories burned..I have heard that for every 4 sweat points = 1 calorie but that seems like alot. Who knows!!!!

I hear great things about Zumba for Wii! I have to try it!
  • Msvalsworld
    Msvalsworld Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I tried the Just dance 2 and it is so much fun
  • I have been doing Salsa dance classes. And my instructor mentioned that you can burn off 200-600 calories a class. I think the game is probably much more intensive.

Joe.
    www.pennystockgeeks.net
  • NikkiG1979
    NikkiG1979 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have Just Dance 2 and Zumba for the Wii! I love them both! Great investments!!!
  • aislingofD
    aislingofD Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I love my Just Dance 2, I do 5-6 songs every day and usually rack up between 2000 and 2500 sweat points. The official Nintendo line is that if you divide your sweat points by 4.2, you'll have the number of calories you burned. Of course, this is only if you're really doing all of the moves, footwork and all!

Ugh the footwork :ohwell: I'm terrible at it. It also inspires our cats to "help" by pouncing on my feet as I try to move them. :grumble:
  • kelssmiles
    kelssmiles Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Some website said that it was 6 calories per minute? Mayybe.