Negative Calories

Options
OK so we all have probably seen the list of negative calorie foods. My question though is how much of the food would be negative because watermelon may be negative calories but if you eat a whole thing you best believe those calories are ON YOU.! so can someone please tell me? is it talking about a cup? half a cup? and for apples would it be small medium or large or ALL the above?? thanks

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    No
  • leahraskie
    leahraskie Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Watermelon actually has a lot of calories...

Don't count things as negative calories because they really aren't, just track all your calories and even if you go over with fruit it's not a huge deal.
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    There is no such thing as a negative calorie food. The calories burned digesting is all part of your TDEE.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    No
    ^
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,624 Member
    Options
    Wtf is a negative calorie food? Watermelon has cals.
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Negative calorie food? How? What? Huh?
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Eat watermelon. It's delicious and nutritious.

(and yes, it has calories, don't over complicate things, just create a reasonable calorie deficit)
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    There's no such thing as negative calorie foods in any amount. The amount of energy it takes to digest the food is factored into the equation when determining how many calories something has.
  • solskinnzombie
    solskinnzombie Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    negative calorie foods do not exist. your body will burn some of the calories chewing things like celery and the digestive fibers in apples will burn calories as well. But negative calories is a myth, one i wish were true haha, but it is false. Just make healthy choices and know that your body will thank you for it.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    No food has negative calories.

I may not record every strawberry I pop, but I know it has a few calories. :)
  • 115s
    115s Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    LOL I remember when I saw that watermelon helps boost the metabolism and whatnot... Hahahaha... I gained like 10lbs in a week. No.
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    Why on earth would you think watermelon has "negative" calories?? WTF.
  • dedflwrs
    dedflwrs Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    After reading several posts today about negative calories, raw foods, magic calorie numbers, etc I have reached a conclusion: I will begin a roasted unicorn and raw ambrosia diet. I believe if I just eat these two items, making sure I keep them to just 1200 calories all together, don't eat them after 5:37 PM and maybe fast on full moon days I will surely lose my entire body weight and just be a being of light which is what I long to become.
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Ok, reading your post you seem to know that the foods have calories.

If they truly were negative calories, then the more you ate, the more you would starve. Obviously that's not true.

Try and find the legitimate calories for these foods and log them. Or eat so little of them it doesn't really matter, depending on your diet approach.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,915 Member
    Options
    6,000,000 Americans believe the government are actually alien insects, so yes you'll probably find people that believe foods with calories miraculously change state and become negative calories.
  • briannewiseman
    briannewiseman Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    After reading several posts today about negative calories, raw foods, magic calorie numbers, etc I have reached a conclusion: I will begin a roasted unicorn and raw ambrosia diet. I believe if I just eat these two items, making sure I keep them to just 1200 calories all together, don't eat them after 5:37 PM and maybe fast on full moon days I will surely lose my entire body weight and just be a being of light which is what I long to become.

Love it!
  • mzbek24
    mzbek24 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Yes, you're right, they do count. Apples definitely have calories too, and not exactly low. If you went to log any of those, you'd find out pretty quickly they have calories, and those calories count towards your daily goal. I suggest you weigh and log all of your food, fruit & veg too. The only thing with negative calories is water or Green tea etc.