Challenge - No alcohol for 2 weeks!

Options

Replies

• LoneWolfRunner
    LoneWolfRunner Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    I think alcohol provides very necessary calories. I would ditch a lot of other things first.
  • sandyyb1
    sandyyb1 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I am starting today, but just for today. And then tomorrow I will try just for tomorrow. :)
  • 808Kine
    808Kine Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Well, I haven't quit over the past few weeks, but only having 1-2 drinks in the evening. Not too bad, but will shoot for just one or less per day over the next week.
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I have not had alcohol this entire month of August and I checked my weight yesterday for the first time this month and i am done 7 lbs!!!! I am so happy!
  • dbanks80
    Options
    I have not had alcohol this entire month of August and I checked my weight yesterday for the first time this month and i am done 7 lbs!!!! I am so happy!

To be honest I am not really missing it.
  • Smamfa
    Smamfa Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Im another who drinks too much at the weekends and then makes bad choices. Day 2 done so far. Aiming for 3 weeks without any alcohol☺
  • heartanurse
    heartanurse Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • jenversuslife
    jenversuslife Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Just popping in to say I had a dry January and raised £250 for Cancer Research in the process (that's how much I drank originally and how surprised my friends and family were haha) and I know it's tough but keep going!!
  • emmooney235
    emmooney235 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I've been alcohol free since July, it's not by choice but due to medical reasons. It is difficult when surrounded by others who drink and drink too much. I always make sure there is cold water readily available, sometimes flavored. I also volunteer to find a new non-alcoholic punch recipe for every get together. My basic non-alcoholic cocktail is Sprite and a fruit juice. Good luck!!!!!
  • MsDellyssa
    MsDellyssa Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    It's been 2 weeks and 2 days since I bought alcohol. I drank some the night I bought it, and haven't drank any since. I keep forgetting it's there. There are times I go months before I think, Hey, wine, and then I never get around to it.
  • sculli123
    sculli123 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Last drink was 23 August and not drinking again until the 7th when I watch football.
  • 108victorian
    108victorian Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    This thread is hilarious; I've found my people! I've been so wanting to cut back on the alcohol consumption, but then a fine Pinot Noir or IPA calls my name! And he has at least 3 tasty buddies that need to be in my belly. The torture. But 2 weeks eh? I think I can do this. I need to do this. All my good intentions get drunk away. Sober September here I come.
  • mhlew
    mhlew Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I went 20 days no alcohol (nearly 3 weeks) Boozed too much on labor day, now back to another 3 weeks no alcohol.
  • tabicatinthehat
    tabicatinthehat Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I went 20 days no alcohol (nearly 3 weeks) Boozed too much on labor day, now back to another 3 weeks no alcohol.

I want in on this round. Two weeks. Starting yesterday.
  • chatnel
    chatnel Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I am just about to go to Italy for two weeks so I have to put this challenge on hold for me. Definately trying again when I get back.

Arrivederci :drinker:
  • 808Kine
    808Kine Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Well, I haven't overdone it, but haven't quit either! Hmmm, maybe another try starting today. Not in it for the high, just nice to relax with a glass after work. Am I salvageable?
  • 108victorian
    108victorian Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I made it 2 days! It felt great and easy. But, tonight is pub night with my father. He needs it. It's his social event of the week (mine too, but don't tell anyone). Nonetheless, I will be indulging but will get right back on that wagon afterwards.
  • dbanks80
    Options
    Well, I haven't overdone it, but haven't quit either! Hmmm, maybe another try starting today. Not in it for the high, just nice to relax with a glass after work. Am I salvageable?

That was me on Labor Day as well. After not drinking at all the month of August. But i am back on track and havent had alcohol since Labor Day.
  • ChaleGirl
    ChaleGirl Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Ok so I'm failing miserably with this! Gosh my self control is abysmal!
  • So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I totally blew this...so I'm popping back in to give it another go.