Nerdy Friends

Options

Replies

• Yagisama
    Yagisama Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    The main thing is that nerds/geeks/etc don't discriminate. There are many facets to being a nerd/geek/etc. Some are into mathematics or Quantum electrodynamics. Others are into processor architectures, compilers, algorithms, etc. Then again others are into sci-fi or fantasy. And then there are the gamers (wretched hive of scum and villainy the lot of them) :tongue: In the end it's a broad inclusive group where everyone is welcome.

Now, who's up for a group hug? :wink:
  • MissHalez0716
    MissHalez0716 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    :D Indeed! Anyone can add me!

Let's do this!!!! :D!
  • JasmineSchmidts
    JasmineSchmidts Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Fellow nerd here.. feel free to add. (: I have a very wide range of interests and am always open to new things!
  • peanut613
    peanut613 Posts: 438 Member
    Options

or this
    Nerd
    A delicious candy made by Wonka. They are pretty much crystalized sugar in a color coating that people love to give out on halloween.

This.. I am definitely this kind of nerd.

I also have realized that I didn't really elaborate on anything about myself on my introduction. I'm a whovian, who lays claim to lots of other fandoms (Sherlock, HP, LOTR, Game of Thrones, The Avengers, Firefly...) I cosplayed for the first time last year (at my first con!) I'm a bookworm and have been teaching myself computer coding in my spare time for fun.

So ya know, add me if you want. Just add a quick message in the request or I'll likely delete it.
  • chadya07
    chadya07 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    i was a nerd back when it was nerdy to be a nerd. before it was cool. so now i must be a hipster because i was a nerd before it was cool.

also i have science sunday on here... so...

i do think back when i was a nerd though, it just meant someone who was more interested in being smart than cool. and a lot of the people i hung with became politicians, scientists, engineers... etc...
  • LexytheNerd
    LexytheNerd Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Fellow nerdy girl here into comics superheroes video games and anime. Add me
  • africanmasq
    Options
    The main thing is that nerds/geeks/etc don't discriminate. There are many facets to being a nerd/geek/etc. Some are into mathematics or Quantum electrodynamics. Others are into processor architectures, compilers, algorithms, etc. Then again others are into sci-fi or fantasy. And then there are the gamers (wretched hive of scum and villainy the lot of them) :tongue: In the end it's a broad inclusive group where everyone is welcome.

Now, who's up for a group hug? :wink:

So true! :D
  • crazypineapple
    Options
    Me too! Into games (all kinds, video, board, RPG, MMORPG). Love anime and Firefly. Watch sci-fi with my husband and kiddo.
  • MelpomeneTears
    MelpomeneTears Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Nerd right here, wear the badge with pride. PC games, sci-fi(newbie), literature, films, mythology, learning new things, playing mad scientist in my kitchen(aka soapmaking, lotions, laundry det, etc). I suppose I'm kind of a Nerdy Hippie.
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I probably fall into the 'geek' realm a tad bit more, but I have my more nerdy aspects too. My interests are on my profile, so you can see if I fit what you're looking for :smile:
  • Mauthos
    Mauthos Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Gamer nerd, comic nerd, sci-fi & fantasy book/film/TV nerd, anime nerd, table top gaming nerd & MTG nerd. Feel free to add if you like :)
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    Since we are talking Nerds....is anyone out there playing/played Magic, the gathering?

Ive been playing the latest iteration of duel of the planeswalkers on my kindle.
  • tbrain1989
    tbrain1989 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    im in this for the long haul,

anyone can feel free to add me,

especially if youre partial to clash of clans by supercell
  • BehindtheMic
    BehindtheMic Posts: 1,736 Member
    Options
    Geek or nerd here lol...Love Star Wars AND Star Trek....you can like them both I promise. Love to read most science fiction and fantasy and I also do model cars LOL
  • truthfire2
    Options
    New nerd here.... I'm glad to see there are some others on here with the same interests.
  • Monkey_Business
    Monkey_Business Posts: 1,800 Member
    Options
    I just finished reading 'Starman Jones' thats how retro-nerdy I am :-)
  • ValleySimTech
    ValleySimTech Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Another older sci-fi nerd and computer geek here. Feel free to add me as well.
  • SpellMagic
    Options
    I'm pretty nerdy myself :)
  • kristibusque
    kristibusque Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I'm a total nerd. lol Feel free to add me!
  • 55044TeamJoy
    55044TeamJoy Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I'm an actuary...kinda the definition of a nerd.