Losing Weight While on Antidepressants?

Options
13»

Replies

• If you're resistant to anti-depressants you should ask about trying mood stabilizers. It might help.
  • Vina4
    Vina4 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I am on a bunch of medication right now for two different things. I am lamictal and Prozac for bipolar and ptsd( was onigh zoloft but it caused me to gain weight so it was switched for prozac). They have no caused me to gain any weight or get any cravings. (Thank god!) I DID find out that one of the sleep meds i was on (remeron) which is NATORIOUS for causing MAJOR weight gain. My doctor took me off that as soon as he found out i was gaining so much weight. I am also on trazadon. Once the doctor took me off remeron and Zoloft. I have noticed that it isnt easy BUT my mood has improved and the weight is SLOWLY comming off. You just have to talk to your doctor. Weight gain can cause depression and that is counterproductive to what your doctor is wanting to do lol
  • taylorjgriffiths289
    Options
    Before starting on Effexor, I had serious issues with emotional eating, but I was also exercising daily. Since I started them, I have stopped caring about the way I look, including working out and eating well, but I am trying to change that.
    Now, I get absolutely ravenous when I take my medication some days, while others I can't bear to eat a thing. I've started to try to figure out when I'm actually hungry or when my body just thinks it's hungry :)