30 Day Shred Starting Monday, January 10th, 2011

Options

Replies

• mishamae
    mishamae Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    L2D4 is DONE!! Feels good to have it done and out of the way for the Sunday. I don't know about the rest of you though...this is not getting any easier. I am not as sore every day but am not finding it any easier to finish the whole thing without having to stop. Is anyone else having this same experience?

I'm not finding it any easier. I still have to take the 5 second pause during some of the movements. But I'm not going to beat myself up over it. Look at how far we have come since L1D1. We are doing awesome!!!!

I'm with you ladies on this. I'm still having to pause a few seconds during certain movements too. I think we are doing great considering these moves are tough. On that note L2D3 & 4 are complete. Didn't log my exercise yesterday, but I got it done early so the rest of Saturday I could rest. One thing I've noticed is how tired I've been. I'm getting atleast 8 hours sleep, right amount of calories, but ever since starting lvl 2 i've been so exhausted :ohwell:
  • HealthierMamasita
    HealthierMamasita Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    L2D4 is DONE!! Feels good to have it done and out of the way for the Sunday. I don't know about the rest of you though...this is not getting any easier. I am not as sore every day but am not finding it any easier to finish the whole thing without having to stop. Is anyone else having this same experience?

It's not getting any easier for me either. This level is very hard. I can't imagine how level 3 is going to be.
  • misskimlilac
    misskimlilac Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the support ladies!! So glad to know we are all in this together, and guess what .....tomorrow we are half way there:bigsmile:
  • Val_Gets_Fit
    Val_Gets_Fit Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    L2 Day 4 is done!! I agree with what some of you ladies have been saying--not really finding this level to be any easier. In fact, I think I kicked more butt on the first day of L2!! :laugh: Must have been an adreneline rush or something. My shin is killing me so I've been taking breaks during some of the cardio exercises that put a lot of impact on it.

Still, we've made it this far!! I think we're going to notice quite an improvement on Day 10 as compared to Day 4.

Awesome work!! Yay us!! :smile:
  • dajakima
    dajakima Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I picked up this dvd yesterday and hadn't read the post. Today was my 1st day and I can honestly say.. I made it most of the way thru the excercises. I stopped for water a couple of times.
  • AutismMom
    AutismMom Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I started a little earlier, I am on L2D6..had NO idea this was here! Let me tell you, I have only lost all my weight with cardio - no weights! So starting with weights on the DVD was HARD for me, and I felt Jillians wrath for 3 days following! Now, I am feeling GREAT! I am loving this DVD, and I am doing it double! I have already completed L1, but I am still doing that in the am and then L2 in the pm before bed when my kids are asleep!! I am also totally feeling a difference!!!!
  • nthnswmn
    Options
    L2D1 done. That was definently tough, but still nice to have a change from level 1.
  • BeckyJill7
    BeckyJill7 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I was out of town all weekend but managed to get Days 3&4 of Level 2 in. What a challenge! Today will be halfway- keep it up!
  • atomiclauren
    atomiclauren Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Missed it yesterday because of house stuff (painting, etc) but will be on track this evening!
  • HealthierMamasita
    Options
    L2D6- DONE

My left ankle is sore and my tailbone is bothering me so had to do the modified exercises.
  • naturalbeauty47
    Options
    Had to take a break yesterday. My body is wore out and just about shut down on Saturday. I'll be starting it again today though.
  • JustJessie
    JustJessie Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I'm about to start the 30 day Shred today. What results are people seeing half way through the program?
  • AutismMom
    AutismMom Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Just completed L2D7..feeling great, but pretty sure I pulled my hamstring doing something! Feeling a HUGE change in my body!! I love and hate Jillian all at the same time! :)
  • HealthierMamasita
    Options
    I'm about to start the 30 day Shred today. What results are people seeing half way through the program?
    You feel and see a change in your body. Your clothes are loose, you see parts of your body getting smaller and toned. It's better to measure yourself than to go by what the scale says. You will build muscle so you will not see a huge weight change. It is definitely worth it!
  • hotpickles
    hotpickles Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    I just started the shred today!
  • RUNN3Rmom
    RUNN3Rmom Posts: 441
    Options
    L2D2 - done. I am having some severe pain in my left knee (it has always been the one to cause problems). I bent down to put on M's shoes this morning and about died when I tried to stand back up. I am prertty sure I tore something...ugh! I HATE the double jump rope. I don't mind much of anything else (well, the chair squats w/shoulder V's I dislike too) but the double jump rope is my nemesis!! I keep hoping that it is going to get better but by the looks at some of the other posts I don't think it will...

I took "after" pictures of me for the 10days of L1. I think I see a difference (slight) around the sides of my abdominal area. Not a huge difference but I can tell that things are fitting a little better - and that is what really matters.

I am glad that I have this group, it makes me a lot more accountable. Thanks for the support :)
  • Val_Gets_Fit
    Options
    L2 Day 5 is done!! Shin is still hurting. :-( Had to do single jumps on the jump rope. Still doing some of the modified exercises, but I'm still feeling the burn!! Jillian continues to kick my butt and leaving me wanting more the next day. :laugh:

I definitely adapted to L1 a lot more quickly. By Day 4, I wasn't sore and I was going through the workouts fairly well. Level 2 is tough. I'm not going to lie. I don't know if I'll ever say L2 is easy.

Keep it up, Shredheads. haha :smile:
  • Val_Gets_Fit
    Options
    You feel and see a change in your body. Your clothes are loose, you see parts of your body getting smaller and toned. It's better to measure yourself than to go by what the scale says. You will build muscle so you will not see a huge weight change. It is definitely worth it!

I totally agree! The scale has not been my friend since I started the Shred, but that's okay! I feel stronger and have biceps when I flex. :bigsmile: My advice for anyone just starting is to dump your scale and rebound with your tape measurer. (You can let your scale down easily and let it know you'll check in once a week just so it doesn't get lonely.) :laugh:
  • RUNN3Rmom
    RUNN3Rmom Posts: 441
    Options
    VaL, you crack me up!! Love the scale comment!!
  • LG61820
    LG61820 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    L2D5 complete! I whined tonight, but did not cry which I am considering a victory.